Backstage Magic- September 16

anitapita

Earning My Ears
Who's going on the Sept. 16 Backstage Magic?? Just booked our trip! I read the trip reports from April and decided to create my own profile - it looks like a fun way to gear up for the trip!

I would recommend putting the date of your trip in your message title. That way your fellow ABDers will easily notice your thread. I hope yours is every bit as wonderful as ours...you are in for a real treat!

Thanks. I've never done a forum b4 so I'm kind of new to this. Enjoyed your blog - sounds like you had a fantastic trip! Anything you would change or anything you recommend to make the trip more enjoyable??

ABD really takes care of everything so you won't have to worry about much. The only rough thing was the heat on the last couple days but I'm not sure about CA weather in Sept. so it might not be as bad. Also, depending on whether or not they change the way the VIP fastpasses work, you'll want to make a plan on how to maximize them along with the regular fastpasses you can get with your tickets. With any luck, by the time you go they will switch over to the AAA-style.

And be prepared to eat, eat, eat! We made reservations for big meals for the nights dinner wasn't included, but if I did it again I would pretty much just eat light those nights because the ABD meals are generally hearty buffets.

That's all I can think of at the moment; for the most part, it's very seemless and you are in for a blast! I think if you hit "edit" you can change your post title on this thread; hopefully you'll find others on the same date because with our trip it was really neat "meeting" fellow travelers beforehand.

Be prepared to do a LOT of activities... if you're a commando-type WDW tourer, you'll probably be fine, but I think some of our tourmates who take a more laid-back approach to their vacations were a bit overwhelmed!

Good walking shoes - we logged between 5-9 miles a day (I have the pedometer stats to prove it) so take good care of your tootsies!

I'll second Barb's comment regarding the food - we ate better on this trip than we ever do during a normal vacation! We were totally happy with counter service for the "on your own" mealtimes. I would recommend trying to get in at Blue Bayou if you've never been, tho... it's worth it!

Thanks for the tips! Did you think the large group detracted from the experience, ie, lots of waiting, time on the bus?? Would you do an ABD again?? Thanks for the Blue Bayou tip - I have a res for our trip with the kids in June. They aren't coming with me in Sept. - SO expensive plus they are a little young. They are not too deprived!! We are going to Hawaii and Disneyland in June as a family!

Also, what did you think of Finding Nemo? Would it be worth using our early entry time to wait there or go ahead and do Fantasy Land for our trip in June??

I was a little worried about the group size, but it actually turned out to be a plus. I think that's especially true on this particular trip because it will tend to attract fellow Disney fanatics. You will quickly feel like you are among a group of long-lost friends!

If the park is open late, you might be able to catch Nemo then. DL was open till midnight, so hubby rode it at the end of the day with only a 25 minute wait.

Thanks for the tips! Did you think the large group detracted from the experience, ie, lots of waiting, time on the bus?? Would you do an ABD again?? Thanks for the Blue Bayou tip - I have a res for our trip with the kids in June. They aren't coming with me in Sept. - SO expensive plus they are a little young. They are not too deprived!! We are going to Hawaii and Disneyland in June as a family!

Also, what did you think of Finding Nemo? Would it be worth using our early entry time to wait there or go ahead and do Fantasy Land for our trip in June??

I agree, the size of the group was just fine. Having other Disney fans to chat with was terrific. When the time to see something needed a smaller group, they split us up in Minnie & Mickey groups. At one point, they added a Goofy group. I would definitely do an ABD tour again. I was happy at how they took care of everyone and everything. Yes, there is lots of walking and seeing. I loved it, though. I too think that some may have wanted a break here and there. I just kept wanting to see more and was sad when it was time to break off.

I would use Early Entry for Fantasyland. I, too, wait until the almost closing to hop in line for NEMO. If it is not a busy day, watch the board for wait times. As soon as Toy Story Mania opens, I am thinking the NEMO lines may calm down a bit?

How do the fastpasses work for Backstage Magic? Can you use the VIP fastpass more than once on the same attraction? How many do they give you? I'm not familiar with the AAA fast pass that you mentioned in your post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter