Bad timing on my part

Never say screw it!

Weight watchers is about making choices and that is also possible at Disney.
You are not restricted in any way by what you eat, but when you chose something with high points for breakfast, try to chose low point dishes for lunch.

The biggest risk with most diets and lifestyle changes is to postpone it for another day. It is only 2 days, you say, but then back home on day 3 you have to get back into your rhythm so that one doesn't count either. But you will really really start again on day 4, and then something unexpected happens, and day 5 it is getting closer to the weekend, when you have a birthday party to attend.
So, yeah ... let's start on Monday.

You don't have to wait another day to start over again. You can start now. With your next meal/snack.

There are healthier choices to make, check the menus in advance, know what you can get, know where the food carts with fruit are. If it only is for 2 days, bring snacks yourself (I go to Disney with bags of cucumber, cherry tomatoes, fruit, crackers and other low point snacks). Drink water to keep your stomach full. When you order a QS meal chose to eat either the burger or the fries, but not both. Realize that fun at Disney is not calculated by the amount of calories you consume.

On the other hand, you will probably take more steps and earn more active points by all the walking you will do, that will level things out.

Good luck! And don't forget to enjoy yourself! You can do this!

Karin (lost 35 pounds in 1 year with ww, yes I was a snail, with at least 2 Disney trips in that year. Now lifetime member)

Think of all the walking you'll do!!! If you make smart choices with the menu, I bet it's possible to lose weight.

I just sent this article to my WW friend at school; she's going down over Easter break. While it deals with "points plus" as opposed to "freestyle points" I imagine the info is the same. :

"
Heavyweight Nightmares—and Lighter Bets
Below, PointsPlus Target busters to plan for, sidestep or be certain to share with others:

In the Magic Kingdom
PointsPlus Target buster: Huge medieval-style smoked turkey leg (each weighs up to 1.5 pounds and has a reputed 1,000 calories) at Lunching Pad.
Lighter bet: Veggie wrap at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café.

PointsPlus Target buster: Brownie sundae from Mrs. Potts’ Cupboard — the number of PointsPlus values is way too high for something you order from a window and eat standing up. Leave an indulgence like this for a nice table, where you can savor every bite.
Lighter bet: Citrus swirl (vanilla soft serve with orange slush) from Sunshine Tree Terrace. Or try a fruit smoothie, sold at most WDW table-service restaurants; Disney trimmed calories by 70 percent about three years ago by switching to nonfat yogurt and real fruit purées.

PointsPlus Target buster: Funnel cakes from Sleepy Hollow.
Lighter bet: Pineapple spears and juice from Aloha Isle.

At Epcot
PointsPlus Target buster: Caribbean Pork Ribs with Chipotle-Vanilla Glaze and a side of Shutters’ Potatoes at Shutters at Old Port Royale, Caribbean Beach Resort.
Lighter bet: Greek salad and Kouzzina appetizer sampler with chicken skewers and grilled pita at Kouzzina by Cat Cora, Disney’s BoardWalk.

PointsPlus Target buster: Coffee Margarita — made with two liqueurs, coffee, banana and ice cream — at La Hacienda de San Angel (Mexico Pavilion).
Lighter bet: Skinny Margarita with salt on the rim.

In Animal Kingdom
PointsPlus Target buster: French-fry basket at Flame Tree Barbecue.
Lighter bet: Fruit plate with honey yogurt at same BBQ hot spot — for a cooling starter, side or finish.

PointsPlus Target buster: 1/3-lb Angus cheeseburger at Restaurantosaurus.
Lighter bet: Veggie sub with provolone at same place (skip the sweet-potato fries, or share with the table).

Insider tips from Orlando-area Leaders
“I love Epcot, and it’s truly Weight Watchers–friendly, with big open spaces for scenic walking and delicious food. You can find all sorts of healthy items, including portion-controlled options like hard-boiled eggs and side salads. I usually eat at the Land because they grow their own produce on-site and have a wide assortment of fresh foods to choose from. Or else I make a pit stop in Japan for sushi rolls.” –Stephanie Statuto

“You can bring your own food into Disney World or buy fresh fruit in the parks. Kids can choose healthy fruits with their meals, and grown-ups can find grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, veggie burgers, turkey sandwiches, tuna pitas and veggie flatbreads. I also like the oatmeal and the noodle bowls with stir-fried veggies at Sunshine Season Food Fair in the Land Pavilion at Epcot.” –Kerri Ginel

“Check the DIS site at http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm. It’s not affiliated with Disney, but you can check Disney World restaurants and menus and search for certain foods so you can plan. It’s a great tool.” –Rita Larsh"

And this one:
"

Premium Mickey Ice Cream Bar - 17 Smart Points
Serving Size - 1 Bar
My Thoughts - This is not big enough to spend 17 points on.

Dole Whip - 5 Smart Points
Serving Size - Dole Whip - 1/2 cup
My thoughts - This is already my favorite Disney snack and now it is even better.

Dole Whip Float - 13 Smart Points
Serving Size - Dole Whip Float - 1/2 cup Whip with 8 oz Dole Pineapple Juice
My Thoughts - I can live without pineapple juice.

Churro - 8 Smart Points
Serving Size - 1 Churro, does NOT include dipping sauces
My Thoughts - This is not as horrible as I thought it would be! I'm game.

Caramel Apple - 41 Smart Points
Serving Size - 1 apple
My Thoughts - A moment of silence for a former favorite. The only way I could justify this is splitting it four ways. Just because something has fruit in it does not mean I can count it as good.

Turkey Leg - 16 Smart Points
Serving Size - 1 Drumstick
My Thoughts - This isn't too bad considering these can often replace a meal. They are approximately the size of my head. I can also eat this in line. I am so efficient.

Mickey Pretzel - 6 Smart Points (I calculated this from two different sites. I don't think it's correct. For comparison, an Auntie Annes salted soft pretzel is 14 Smart Points.)
Serving Size: 1 Pretzel
My Thoughts - The points on this can't be right unless Disney has managed to fill the pretzels with magic instead of carbs. I'm not going to trust it.

Disney Popcorn - 20 Smart Points
Serving Size - 8 oz bag
My Thoughts - I probably wouldn't eat this entire bag but share it with family. Not a bad choice. This is Orville Redenbacher Pop Secret popcorn.

Disney Caramel Corn - 48 Smart Points
Serving Size - 8 oz
My Thoughts - 1 oz is 6 points, so a taste would be okay.

Mickey Beignets - 7 Smart Points
Serving Size - 1 Beignet, No dipping sauce
My Thoughts - Could I really just eat one with no sauce? Maybe y'all have better self control!

So there you have it!

I hope this helps while you are in the parks. The research was very eye opening to me (curse you, caramel apple)."

However, I do feel like I have the tools to make good decisions while enjoying the parks and all the food they have to offer!"

Between now and July, I'll be on the lookout for other particular info.

Last May I took my daughter and grandson for 2 weeks. One week was at Disney and one with family/friends in Orlando. My daughter tracked everything. I did not track but watched what I ate. We both lost between 1 - 2 lbs. Every person is different. You will walk more than you think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!