"Basic Package"

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
I was looking at my reservation and it currently lists as "Basic Package"; it is at POFQ. I had booked a room-only but also added tickets. Then I removed one ticket because I got an AP. Then I removed the other ticket because I bought cheaper via UT. Both of those changes were done online. Sometime after that I lost the "change reservation" option.

So today when I tried to get the AP discount the CM had some issues and I heard her sounding confused about the "basic package" and she wasn't able to apply the discount. Anyone know what the issue is and how it became a package vs room-only? Are there any benefits to being a package-we don't plan on golfing or anything like that?

That sounds very confusing. You can only have a package where all on the reservation have the same tickets. Once you removed one ticket, it couldn't be any kind of package anymore.

That sounds very confusing. You can only have a package where all on the reservation have the same tickets. Once you removed one ticket, it couldn't be any kind of package anymore.
They do offer packages that don't include tickets... I've read warnings about those on the RO threads.

They do offer packages that don't include tickets... I've read warnings about those on the RO threads.

From https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-di...-room-only-reservations-vs-vacation-packages/

Beware – Disney’s phone agents may try to sell you a “basic package” when you want to book a room only reservation. A “basic package” is just a room and some trinkets (a few coupons and a luggage tag per person). It is subject to the more stringent vacation package rules

Yes, AP holders can book "ticketless packages" to get dining, but everyone in the room must have the same deal. You cannot have 1 person with an AP and one person with a daily ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter