Batman and Robin

mamajoan

<font color=red>gotta hobble ....silly goose!.
Did anyone else watch this very cute made for tv movie on CBS on Sunday evening?

I think it was entitled "Return to the Batcave"

It was an interesting look back at the series with many tongue and cheek side jokes all within a vague current storyline.. LOL. Adam West and Burt Ward seemed to have good fun with it.

Frank Gorshin, Julie Newmar and Lee Meriweather were brought along for the ride down memory lane too.

TOO CUTE! I have to admit that my ds, dh and I giggled quite a bit throughout the movie.

anybody else??

We watched it. DH was going to change it at 10 to watch the Man Show, but wanted to see the end. ;)

I loved it. And it was also in HD, which added to our enjoyment. Most specials on other networks don't bother to shoot in HD.

It was interesting to learn about all the behind the scenes information. They even dealt with some of the unflattering ego battles they had. I was a fan of the original series and "got" the campy stuff they had in the show. I actually liked that series better than the movies which have come out since. The original was done all in fun.

I saw it last night and thought it was really cute, much better than I expected!!

My teenage DS and DD actually thought it was neat ! They always get a kick out of it when I tell them "back when I was young we only had 3 networks" and this was a show we watched religiously.
On Sundays at 4pm on our local FOX network, my kids watch "The Munsters" and actually turn off their video games, DVDs, CDs etc. so they don't miss it.

My personal favorite was Daniel Boone with Fess Parker and Ed Ames. I think it was on Thursday nights either before or after Star Trek.
It was refreshing to watch a "non reality" show. We're getting tired of those choices.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I enjoyed it, brought back memories of my "MUCH" younger days!!!

Oh rats! It sounds like I missed soemthing really good! :(

I loved that show! It was one of the cheesiest shows around, my parents hated it, but they let us watch it, so deep down they must have liked it too! :p LOL! *Zap!* *Zing!* *Bam!* *Boink!*
Okay, maybe not boink. LOL!

We saw it too!!!!

I'm surprised it was not promoted very much by the network beforehand. We only saw the last 1/2 of it, but DH and I, being children of the '60's, also fondly remembered the "Batman" TV series . . .

Sadly, though, the Penquin (Burgess Meredith), Joker (Ceasar Romero), and Alfred are no longer with us . . .

Dh and I watched it and enjoyed it. Both of us grew up in the 60's so it was a trip down memory lane.

I thought it was done very well..... and Adam West... boy he delivered his lines just like the old days! LOL

It brought back fond memories!

I only saw the first hour of the show. I enjoyed it immensely, but DW thought that the pace was too slow and was not interested in seeing the rest of the program. Perhaps I'll catch the ending when the rerun the show someday.

Originally posted by Laurabearz
boy he delivered his lines just like the old days! LOL

You could tell he was really having fun with it again, and he could still pull off the character! Obviously an older variation of the character, but he still had the voice and moves down! Closing my eyes, it seemed he was back on the show (which I loved in reruns). It would be hard to tell the difference.

As ltldeb said, I missed The Man Show to see the end of this. It was out of morbid curiosity to see how this thing ended. It was neat to see them take this all in stride and have fun with it. I was always under the impression that they took this show too seriously and didn't think of it as campy as it was.

I also wonder how true the "behind the scenes" of the original show were. If those were actually accounts of what went on, that was pretty cool too.

All in all, it was fun to see them again.

Thought I was the only one enjoying this trip down memory lane, I'm still smiling today- just the right thing to take our minds off all going on in the world

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter