Bay Lake Kitchenette

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
We are leaving for our first trip to BLT in a few weeks, staying in a lake view studio...

I've been looking at pictures online of the kitchenette but I still have questions. Some pictures show a bathroom sink on one wall of the kitchenette, but my understanding is that that has been changed and is no longer there. Is that true? If so, what is there now?

I also saw a picture of some pull out door that had floor to ceiling shelves. Is that really in the studio?! How much can that hold? It looked really big!

Overall, what can we expect to comfortably and easily store and prepare in terms of meals? I think we are going to want to eat breakfast in the morning most mornings if for no other reason than to get moving quickly...but is there enough room to make sandwiches and snacks for lunch and other times if we aren't in a park?

Also, what is the balcony like at BLT?

Thanks in advance for any info!

The kitchenette does have a floor to top of the kitchenette area cabinet at the end. It is not that deep to hold huge amounts but it does provide more storage space than any other studio for food. As far as appliance and such though you still just have the coffee maker, microwave, and toaster. There is only one sink in the kitchen now.

The kitchenette does have a floor to top of the kitchenette area cabinet at the end. It is not that deep to hold huge amounts but it does provide more storage space than any other studio for food. As far as appliance and such though you still just have the coffee maker, microwave, and toaster. There is only one sink in the kitchen now.

Thanks! What's in the space where the bathroom style sink used to be? Is the kitchenette just wider or did they make the bathroom bigger?

Thanks! What's in the space where the bathroom style sink used to be? Is the kitchenette just wider or did they make the bathroom bigger?
There's a wall where the front of the sink used to be. The kitchenette is not wider. They used the same exact space to put the sink in the bathroom - just changed the surrounding walls so that you access the sink from the bathroom side instead of the kitchen side.

FWIW, there's really only enough space in the kitchenette for one person to work at a time. But it's enough to prepare simple meals.

They did a bump out in the kitchenette to put the sink in the bathroom. The bump out is when you enter the kitchenette and the other end is still counter and there's plenty of room to prepare meals.

Old sink in the kitchenette:

p119005847-4.jpg

New wall in the kitchenette:

p1594209926-4.jpg

New counter at end:

p1594209018-4.jpg

New bathroom sink:

p1594203750-4.jpg

I really liked the kitchenette in the BLT studio. We found it had lots of storage and it really felt to us like a kitchen since it's in its own room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter