Bay Lake Tower Studio Villas - Refrigerators

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
Hi everyone! Has anybody stayed at BLT in a studio lately? Did the mini-fridge have a freezer compartment? I've heard conflicting things! TIA!

The photo I had was from 2015 showed it still had a small freezer. I didn't take a photo of the inside of the fridge during our stay after the last remodel in 2016 though. And I cannot remember whether there was freezer or not.

It will depend on the unit you are assigned. As the refrigerators with freezers die, they are being replaced by refrigerators without.

As you can imagine, this isn't an assignable request, either. There is no way room assignors know which rooms have replaced mini-fridges.

I can see why they are not doing freezers in the studios anymore. For some reason those old refrigerator freezers are still the type that needs to defrosted regularly. That is time consuming and messy and the maids probably don't do it so the refrigerator has maintenance issues.

Here now and we have one without a freezer -- yet our salads have frozen nicely on the top shelf, LOL!
I must say that I am surprised at how much I've managed to get into that thing. Had my Garden Grocer order delivered and we're enjoying all the perks of being in a DVC studio.

Here now and we have one without a freezer -- yet our salads have frozen nicely on the top shelf, LOL!
I must say that I am surprised at how much I've managed to get into that thing. Had my Garden Grocer order delivered and we're enjoying all the perks of being in a DVC studio.

Good to know! Annoying about the salad, though... :headache:

Since cold air sinks, I'd hate to think what would happen if they were on the bottom shelf! I know that BCV studios has the refrigerators w/o freezers, and I hated that.

I believe when we stayed there in May, we didn't have a freezer, but the milk we put on the top shelf still froze. What was weird was that it wasn't on when we arrived (checked in). We had to turn it on and then wait for it to cool down. Since I had milk (refrigerated by bell services from our transfer from BCV), I filled the sink above full of ice and put the milk in there for the night.

I believe when we stayed there in May, we didn't have a freezer, but the milk we put on the top shelf still froze. What was weird was that it wasn't on when we arrived (checked in). We had to turn it on and then wait for it to cool down. Since I had milk (refrigerated by bell services from our transfer from BCV), I filled the sink above full of ice and put the milk in there for the night.

I'll have to keep this in mind!!

I'll have to keep this in mind!!

If you end up going this route, use the recycle bin so that you don't have to make as many trips to the ice machine. Still bring the bucket, but after 3+ trips with the bucket, I got tired and used the recycle bin to transport the last bit of ice (I think you would only need two trips if you used the recycle bin).

There is an adjustment for the coldness on the unit. Just turn it down if you don't want things to freeze.
That knob has been removed from lots of the undercounter refrigerators so guests cannot turn it into a freezer and ruin it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter