BCV or BLT early December - Help we're booking tomorrow!!!

DisneyMotherOf2

Mouseketeer
We're heading to Disney from November 30 - December 7th. We have a 1 bedroom booked at BCV, but the 7 month window opens tomorrow and my DH suggested switching to BLT (we've never stayed there before) if it's available. I'm really not a contemporary decorations person. Although I'd like to stay there someday (we'd like to stay at all the resorts at some point), I'm on the fence about staying there when the decorations are up. I've seen pics of Beach Club at Christmas and it looks beautiful, and I liked the idea of walking to Epcot and spending extra time there that trip. For those who have stayed at BLT during the holidays what are your thoughts? Is it beautifully decorated? I like the idea of walking to MK for the Christmas Party festivities, etc. And being at a monorail resort would be fun for the kids. Help convince me that switching is the right thing to do! :confused3

I can't give you advice on whether to switch or not as our first stay at BLT one bedroom villa will be first week of October...but would you consider a split stay? We are doing a split stay at BCV and BLT in October. We have stayed at the BCV and it's our favorite resort. By splitting our stay, we have the best of both worlds.

We're heading to Disney from November 30 - December 7th. We have a 1 bedroom booked at BCV, but the 7 month window opens tomorrow and my DH suggested switching to BLT (we've never stayed there before) if it's available. I'm really not a contemporary decorations person. Although I'd like to stay there someday (we'd like to stay at all the resorts at some point), I'm on the fence about staying there when the decorations are up. I've seen pics of Beach Club at Christmas and it looks beautiful, and I liked the idea of walking to Epcot and spending extra time there that trip. For those who have stayed at BLT during the holidays what are your thoughts? Is it beautifully decorated? I like the idea of walking to MK for the Christmas Party festivities, etc. And being at a monorail resort would be fun for the kids. Help convince me that switching is the right thing to do! :confused3

I've enjoyed staying at BLT and I am a BW owner.

You may have to waitlist if you want it as it is very popular!

I can't give you advice on whether to switch or not as our first stay at BLT one bedroom villa will be first week of October...but would you consider a split stay? We are doing a split stay at BCV and BLT in October. We have stayed at the BCV and it's our favorite resort. By splitting our stay, we have the best of both worlds.

We've only done a split stay one other time and found it to be a total PITA. I like to unpack and enjoy for the week. :cheer2: I personally didn't like having to pack us and the kids up again to move after only a few days. HOWEVER, I WAS considering trying a split again when my hubby mentioned BLT this morning. :lmao: I completely agree with you - the Best of Both worlds. For that I might be willing to go through the hassle of re-packing/unpacking again. I don't think he's on-board with a split stay again though. And we are staying at BCV in less than a week :goodvibes. I just love that resort and area so much it's hard to stay anywhere else now!

BLT is fine. However, I am guessing you won't have to worry about the issue come tomorrow because you are likely to find that you cannot get BLT for a week beginning Nov 30. In fact, if this year is like last year, you won't be able to get any near park resort for a week for that time at 7 months out.

I don't think you are going to have to worry about the issue either. BLT's one bedrooms all look to be booked that week so a split stay won't help either.

Disney does not do the decorations like at BC - it does have some stuff in the CR 4TH FLOOR and of course the big Mickey on the outside facing BLT.

that say you are boat ride away from WL/VWL which has the best Xmas decorations and monorail ride from the GF which has the second best (my opinion)

if you can't get it now - might go on wait list - or just wait for another year.

Pretty sure when GFV finally is open - some guests will switch to it. Despite what DVC says - Disney rents alot of BLT - so thinking those people will change to GF.

p875041927-4.jpg

p907132263-4.jpg

p655589808-4.jpg

p548940539-4.jpg

p916831388-4.jpg

p175275971-4.jpg

p764369687-4.jpg

And of course you are a short walk to this:

p441239253-4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter