Be My Valentine February Exercise Challenge

Twilight Sparkle

DIS Veteran
:welcome:
Welcome to our February Exercise Challenge. Since Valentine's Day is a big holiday this month, let's have fun moving and counting our active minutes while we explore some of Disney's famous sweethearts.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back. If you’re new, welcome to the team. Here’s how the exercise tracking works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You decide what movement counts towards your goal. It can be a set monthly number or calculated based on a target number of minutes per day. Since February has 28 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 420
20 minutes/day = 560
30 minutes/day = 840
45 minutes/day = 1260
1 hour/day = 1680

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing. Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress. This month, we have:

Beloved Blue - 10%
One and Only Orange - 25%
Passionate Purple - 50%
Perfect Match Pink - 75%
Romance Red - 90%
Love is Grand Green - 100%

We’re officially starting this challenge on February 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join. Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Team Members:

GrandAdmiralStrife 225/900
piglet1979 1247/1260
lovesmurfs 2207/2100
tntfamily78 319/1260
Elizabeth Smith 600/600

Twilight Sparkle 1320/1000
PollyannaMom 740/500

katt789 65/840
sophy1996 1200/1200

Team Total: 7923/9660 (82%)

Last edited:

Welcome, everyone! What a great response so far.

February is a short month and I'm feeling the need to take it a little easier after all the walking we did on vacation, so I'll put myself down for an even 1000.

Hi All. I have never joined the monthly exercise challenge, but would love to this month. I work out 5-6 days a week and would like to have a goal that can be measured. If that makes sense! I would like to start at 1260 for this month.

Thanks all!

New members are always welcome! I'm happy you found our thread.

Let's get this party started. The first couple I want to highlight is not one I'm very familiar with.

latest

Meet Oswald and Ortensia. Most Disney fans are probably familiar with Oswald and have heard the story of how Walt lost the rights to this cute little guy. What you might not know (I didn't) is that Oswald had a love interest named Ortensia. Ortensia is a cat who appeared in several shorts with Oswald. They first appeared together in the 1927 short Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Ortensia is also known as Sadie or Kitty. I definitely see a resemblance to another famous Disney couple!

We have our first color change today. I have reached One and Only Orange! :earsboy: I have a feeling a few more people will be up for color changes very soon. Keep those minutes coming!

Our next Disney couple is by far the most famous of all and needs no introduction:

First seen together in 1928's Steamboat Willie, Mickey and Minnie have spent a glorious 90 years together. If you want to see Mickey and Minnie together in their first ever scene, this video has it. If you don't have time to watch all of it, fast forward to about the 3 minute mark. Minnie first appears right around there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter