Be My Valentine February Exercise Challenge

Hoorah!! Sophy1996 and Elizabeth Smith have reached 90% of goal and Romance Red!!! You guys are cruising straight to goal! :car::car::car: And piglet1979 is so crazy close to reaching the same.

In honor of a last minute, one more day, out of this world push for minutes (we can do it!), let's take a look at WALL-E and his darling Eve.
wall-e-eve.jpg

WALL-E and Eve, two very different robots, find true love in the 2008 film WALL-E. Their love for one another is evident in the loyalty they extend to each other under harsh conditions and near destruction and particularly when Eve uncharacteristically disobeys her programmed directive. This youtube video is a sweet tribute to WALL-E and Eve's love story:

One more day left in February! Let's make it an active one! :dancer:

Well I didn't get to the rec last night. Dinner plans didn't go as planned. We made a beef roast in the pressure cooking and well it was over done like borderline beef jerky so we went out to eat. I did get some time in though yesterday. I am adding 39 active Minutes.

1167/1260

50 minutes so far but I hope to walk a little bit more and I need to do more sets of my physical therapy exercises, so I'll come back and count those later

1280/1000

So far for the last day, we have two more color changes! :yay::yay::yay:Piglet1979 has reached Romance Red and sophy1996 has reach goal and Love is Grand Green!!!! Great job!

A couple of people are very close to goal, so I'm going to give it a couple of days before closing out the month to see if last minute numbers come in.

We have reached the last day of February, though, and that means our last Disney couple highlight. I've been saving the ultimate Disney couple for this very moment. :love::love::love:

walt+and+lillian.jpg

That's right! It's Walt and Lillian Disney. Walt and Lillian (Bounds) married on July 13th, 1925. They met at work. Lillian worked in the ink and paint department of the Disney company. Walt used to drive a couple of the women who worked there home at night, and Lillian was one of them. He chose to drop her off last even though her residence was the closest on the route. If these two had never fallen for each other, we might not be gathering here on the Disboards. Walt created Mickey, but Lillian named him.

You can read briefly about the early days of their romance here:

http://www.waltdisney.com/blog/walt-and-lilly

And here's a video montage of photos and home movie clips of them. I got teary watching it. Lillian gazes adoringly at Walt, and he can't keep away from her. What a life these two shared.

Last night I did get to the rec but because I had to wear heals to work my feet were not too happy with me. While on the treadmill I was getting some major cramps on the bottom of my feet. I was on my feet a lot yesterday at work and did some extra walking then. I got a total of 80 active minutes. Just shy of my goal.

1247/1260

I'm so sorry I've been absent and have yet to close out the month. My laptop is on the Fritz again and my eyes are too terrible for working with numbers off of a smaller screen. I plan to take my laptop in tomorrow or Tuesday to see if there's any hope left. So please be patient with me a little longer.

I have 40 final minutes to add for Feb.

Last edited:
I'm back. So sorry for the lengthy delay. My hard drive died, so I had to have it replaced. I just got the laptop back today, and I am so happy to have it back. I ended up going with a solid state hard drive and I am really enjoying the increased speed. Turning lemons into lemonade and all that.

We had two more color changes to wrap up the month. Elizabeth Smith reached goal and Love is Grand Green while our Team, after tallying last minute numbers and removing a couple of people who signed up but never returned, reached 82% of goal and Perfect Match Pink. More than half of our teammates reached or exceeded goal. All in all, not a bad February! Great job, everyone! party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!