Be Our Guest Dinner Review

crhbrault

Always planning my next trip to the Mouse House!
F208634A-C41D-4D75-ACD9-FE89B3E8FF02.jpeg We are just back from our first trip in seven - yes SEVEN - long years. So I thought I’d head here and post some reviews and share trip info, partly to stave off the post-Disney depression! Anyhoo...
Be Our Guest was the 14 yr old Princess’ main request, we were paying OOP so it was one of 3 big meals we chose. I am much more of an adventurous eater / foodie than the kid or husband are.

The themeing is magnificent. I can’t speak highly enough of it- if you go definitely wander around the rooms (they encourage it!) and see everything, from torn tapestries that happened when Beast was angry, to the magical musical box Maurice made. My teen was thrilled to carry Lumiare to the table - just wish they let you keep it on the table during your meal for more ambience. We loved having 7:50 reservations because the place really cleared out during the meal. Dinner is also the only time you see the Beast - photopass includes this after your meal.
Now, for the food:
Cheese plate at $12 was NOT at all worth it. Tiny amounts of cheese, the “accompaniments” were made up of 3 pita chips, 4 raisins, and two small bits of marmalade. The cheeses were very strong so not something most will like.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]I had the braised beef with baby potatoes and asparagus and holy Mary that was good. Portion was excellent, I didn’t get to finish it all sadly. Teen had chicken over quinoa and she enjoyed it but was glad she asked for the sauce on the side. Husband had steak and frites - fries seasoned nicely but overall his meal was definitely nothing special especially for the over $30 price tag.
We were pretty full so opted to share one desert of the grey stuff- because you HAVE to try it, and yes it is delicious. Melt in your mouth yumminess!! Desert was just $5, so bargain!

We spent $175 on the meal, including tip. For our family that was a definite splurge and likely a “one and done” experience, but since my daughter loves Belle and BATB it was worth it for the experience once. If you aren’t set on seeing Beast I would opt for the quick service version at breakfast or lunch to see the Castle and have the experience eating there.

Thanks for the review! That cheese plate photo has me LOL! It looks like it was made for a mouse, not a human. I think I'm going to cancel our dinner reservation in April. We've eaten all meals there in the past, and I just don't think the price tag justifies the food. I think lunch is the biggest bang for your buck.

Thanks for the review! That cheese plate photo has me LOL! It looks like it was made for a mouse, not a human. I think I'm going to cancel our dinner reservation in April. We've eaten all meals there in the past, and I just don't think the price tag justifies the food. I think lunch is the biggest bang for your buck.

Yes my husband looked at me like, “you can’t be serious” when that cheese plate was set down. And we all LOVE good cheese - but these are all heavily smoked / aged in addition to being tiny. I was waiting for Cinderella’s mice to come nibble!

Yes my husband looked at me like, “you can’t be serious” when that cheese plate was set down. And we all LOVE good cheese - but these are all heavily smoked / aged in addition to being tiny. I was waiting for Cinderella’s mice to come nibble!

:rotfl2:

So your ADR was at 19:50 hours? Ours is June is at 20:45 hours. You said the place was getting empty? I am a picture taking freak so I am always looking at places to take a ton of new pictures and we have never eaten there before.

Our waiter must’ve told us three times how small the cheese plate was. We ordered two of them for our party of 5 (2 adults, 2 teens, 1 child). Size wise they were fine for us. I’d say each cheese is a tasting for 2. Ours came with crostini, not pita chips. We could’ve used a few more of those. We too found most of the cheeses very strong. After having a couple of cheese plates in Paris though, this was pretty similar in the strength of the cheese (though smaller portions). The only one we didn’t touch was the blue cheese. We didn’t finish all the others, but we tried them all.

So your ADR was at 19:50 hours? Ours is June is at 20:45 hours. You said the place was getting empty? I am a picture taking freak so I am always looking at places to take a ton of new pictures and we have never eaten there before.
Correct, we did 1950, and by 2030 the three dining rooms all had maybe 40 people combined! I’m an amateur photographer and took about 75 shots all around and very few have people in them. Definitely go for the later time for the pics!

Correct, we did 1950, and by 2030 the three dining rooms all had maybe 40 people combined! I’m an amateur photographer and took about 75 shots all around and very few have people in them. Definitely go for the later time for the pics!
Much thanks for the info. Now I am looking forward to eating there.

View attachment 299440 We are just back from our first trip in seven - yes SEVEN - long years. So I thought I’d head here and post some reviews and share trip info, partly to stave off the post-Disney depression! Anyhoo...
Be Our Guest was the 14 yr old Princess’ main request, we were paying OOP so it was one of 3 big meals we chose. I am much more of an adventurous eater / foodie than the kid or husband are.

The themeing is magnificent. I can’t speak highly enough of it- if you go definitely wander around the rooms (they encourage it!) and see everything, from torn tapestries that happened when Beast was angry, to the magical musical box Maurice made. My teen was thrilled to carry Lumiare to the table - just wish they let you keep it on the table during your meal for more ambience. We loved having 7:50 reservations because the place really cleared out during the meal. Dinner is also the only time you see the Beast - photopass includes this after your meal.
Now, for the food:
Cheese plate at $12 was NOT at all worth it. Tiny amounts of cheese, the “accompaniments” were made up of 3 pita chips, 4 raisins, and two small bits of marmalade. The cheeses were very strong so not something most will like.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]I had the braised beef with baby potatoes and asparagus and holy Mary that was good. Portion was excellent, I didn’t get to finish it all sadly. Teen had chicken over quinoa and she enjoyed it but was glad she asked for the sauce on the side. Husband had steak and frites - fries seasoned nicely but overall his meal was definitely nothing special especially for the over $30 price tag.
We were pretty full so opted to share one desert of the grey stuff- because you HAVE to try it, and yes it is delicious. Melt in your mouth yumminess!! Desert was just $5, so bargain!

We spent $175 on the meal, including tip. For our family that was a definite splurge and likely a “one and done” experience, but since my daughter loves Belle and BATB it was worth it for the experience once. If you aren’t set on seeing Beast I would opt for the quick service version at breakfast or lunch to see the Castle and have the experience eating there.
We have a both a lunch and a dinner reservation on two different days. I've been trying to decide if we will go two different times? Sound like the lunch only will be our best bet? :) Thanks for the great report...following along!

We have a both a lunch and a dinner reservation on two different days. I've been trying to decide if we will go two different times? Sound like the lunch only will be our best bet? :) Thanks for the great report...following along!
If you aren’t sold on meeting Beast, I would do lunch. Cheaper and my understanding is the menu is similar but actually has a better selection than dinner. You’ll still see the castle and have the experience - the service at dinner was no better than at any other table service location.

If you aren’t sold on meeting Beast, I would do lunch. Cheaper and my understanding is the menu is similar but actually has a better selection than dinner. You’ll still see the castle and have the experience - the service at dinner was no better than at any other table service location.

We definitely don’t care if we see the beast or not… We just wanted to check out the castle and have a meal. If the food at dinner doesn’t really seem any better than it seems like lunch would be our best bet ! Thank you for the review. :)

View attachment 299440 We are just back from our first trip in seven - yes SEVEN - long years. So I thought I’d head here and post some reviews and share trip info, partly to stave off the post-Disney depression! Anyhoo...

Now, for the food:

$175 for three people? That seems high. Your description sounds like three entrees, one appetizer and one dessert. Did you also get drinks or more apps that made the price go up to that?

$175 for three people? That seems high. Your description sounds like three entrees, one appetizer and one dessert. Did you also get drinks or more apps that made the price go up to that?
Nope, no adult beverages or anything else, just 3 sodas.

My husband’s was $35 I think, I don’t recall on mine or my daughter’s except they were nearly that as well. The total with tip - because we did do a full 20% - came to $172.
It was beautiful and themed so well but also quite noisy, until it began to clear out, and the food was good but not something my teen or husband particularly enjoyed for that price. Definitely a splurge for our budget but was important for my child, so it was a one time thing for us.

Is there anyway to get the "grey stuff" without actually eating in the castle? We are only spending 1 evening in MK and I can not get a reservation, been trying for months. My daughter just wants to try the dessert and if possible see inside.

Is there anyway to get the "grey stuff" without actually eating in the castle? We are only spending 1 evening in MK and I can not get a reservation, been trying for months. My daughter just wants to try the dessert and if possible see inside.

The grey stuff is only available at be our guest -just keep trying and utilise touring plans to assist in your search.

Good luck!

I would try for lunchtime if you can, or I think breakfast is still done with no reservation (maybe no grey stuff but at least you can see). I took about 40 photos inside since I knew it would likely be our only time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!