"Be Our Guest" lunch questions

Maisey13

Mouseketeer
Hi! As a "first-timer" to Disney I was unaware of the 180 day rule for advanced dining reservations (lesson learned!) I understand it is impossible to get a dinner reservation at BOG and cancellations are virtually non-existent. We will attempt to get in for a **LUNCH** since Beauty & Beast is our little girl's favorite movie and it is her actual birthday the day we are there (miracles happen, right?) :)

1) What is the latest you can stand in line at BOG and expect to get served for a late lunch? (We have an appointment at Bippity Boppity Boutique at 2:00 to become "Belle" and hoped to eat afterward but worry they will close before we get in.)

2) I heard a rumor about a fast pass for lunch at BOG? If this is in trial, is it accessible to everyone or specific resort guests?

3) If we are waiting in a long line for lunch and our little girl has to go to the bathroom, can I leave the line and then rejoin husband after a bathroom break or is this bad etiquette?

Thank you very much for helping out a Disney newbie!

1. They cut off the line at 2:30. If you are already in line you can stay, but if you walk up after they cut it off, you are out of luck. You will likely not make it if you try to get in after your 2 PM BBB appointment.

2. It is not in operation yet except for some limited testing of random guests in certain resorts near MK. If you are at those resorts during the testing period you may or may not be contacted to participate in the test.

3. Yes, but they will not allow your party to enter the restaurant unless all of you are present. I have also heard that if the party is not completely present at the time they reach the front of the line, they may send you to the back of the line. What I would do if you are near entry is approach a CM with the child and ask if the child can use the restroom. There is a restroom right inside the main doors.

We had lunch there on Monday. Got in line at 12:02 (yep, high noon) and were heading for the dining room at 12:44 according to our receipt. Not too bad.

We lingered a little while, and when we were leaving at about 2 there were people getting in line and the CMs were still out there herding folks and handing out menus and whatnot.

I totally agree that you'll be out of luck after BBB with a 2:00 appointment, though. I think the wait to get in there may put you past the cutoff for getting in line, never mind actually being done with your makeover.

We arrived for lunch around 2 and didn't wait in a particularly long line. Of course, that was February low season. I will also say that people without reservations did indeed get in for dinner IF they were flexible on time and they happen to have the right number in their party. If you're a party of 6 or something, you're probably out of luck. But if you're looking for seating for 2-4, that's probably your best bed and be prepared to take whatever they have. They do get cancellations just like any other restaurant. No guarantees, but it's worth a shot if you want to do dinner there. That and keep checking the website for an ADR - you never know. We liked dinner there much better than lunch.

So do you think my husband could get in line at 2:00 and we could join him after our BBB appointment if the waits are long?Thanks for all your input! I'll keep trying the ADR system and even calling when we are at WDW in hopes of finding something for dinner on April 23 if lunch doesn't work out.

If you are not there when he reaches the front, he may be sent to the back of the line.

If you don't make it before they cut the lunch line, you won't get in at lunch.

How long is a bbb appointment, do you want to be rushing it?

I'd go there for an early lunch, and your BBB appointment afterward. I didn't see the girls dressed up for the lunch there, Belle isn't there.

You could always try for lunch the next day. The BBB hairdo's can last for more than 1 day and then you aren't rushing either experience :goodvibes

It was crazy busy when we went in Feb for a Dinner reservation. They seemed incredibly strict..We received a pager after I checked in and they actually weren't going to let my sister in law in to use the restroom until our table was called ? :confused3 ? I thought that was completely bizarre. I'm glad they reconsidered when we promised she would come right out :lmao:

Yes, we could go for an early lunch but it is our very first time at Disney and I didn't want to spend the morning of our first day waiting in line for lunch :)

Yes, I realize Belle isn't there. We just thought it would be fun for our daughter to visit the BOG restaurant and Fantasyland on the day she is dressed like Belle. We'll adjust!

Thanks for your suggestions!

Have your lunch, do Enchanted Tales with Belle, go to your appointment at BBB, And then take photographs of her in front of the castle -- try to snag a reservation at 1900 Park Fare later for dinner at the Grand Floridian with. Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Evil Stepmother and stepsisters. There will be a lot of little girls dressed up as Princesses, and the Prince often offers to dance with them. He's very polite. :goodvibes. It's only a boat ride across the lagoon from the MK. Your little princess will still feel special and have an opportunity to show off her dress. Best wishes for a fun frist trip!:wave2:

If you really want to have lunch after BBB keep calling for an earlier Appt. If she's doing the whole package it can take some time. Plus there is no guarantee you will get I at 2, you might have to wait for someone to finish up. For the $ it costs I would not want to rush it.

If you have hoppers you could try to get a dinner at Akershus in Epcot and try Be Our Guest a different day. I'm pretty sure Belle is normally the photo package princess that comes with the meal.We loved our princesses when we went. Alice was there for us and she was a hoot!

Why not go to the BOG podium and ask about an early dinner seating? Sometimes it works. Just make sure you don't have something else booked that you can't cancel at the last minute.

ibrokeitmommy said:
If you really want to have lunch after BBB keep calling for an earlier Appt. If she's doing the whole package it can take some time. Plus there is no guarantee you will get I at 2, you might have to wait for someone to finish up. For the $ it costs I would not want to rush it.

If you have hoppers you could try to get a dinner at Akershus in Epcot and try Be Our Guest a different day. I'm pretty sure Belle is normally the photo package princess that comes with the meal.We loved our princesses when we went. Alice was there for us and she was a hoot!

Great suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter