Beach Club Villas

BDK33

Mouseketeer
I am supposed to stay at Beah CLub in a few weeks.

Is it true that Stormalong Bay is still closed?

If so where can guests go to the pool? I have never stayed there and saw something about "leisure pools" but have no idea where those are?

Do any of the Boardwalk hotels have pool reciprocity?

TIA

Yes, SAB is currently closed. Guests of Disney’s Beach Club Villas may use the resort leisure pool (see image below for location), and may also use the Luna Park Pool and leisure pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Villas.

sad.....I had a poly reservation for Labor Day Weekend before all this covid nonsense. Waitlisted for beach club because of SAB and proximity to epcot.

Waitlist came through, but ended up changing to Riviera because of the pool situation.

Is the other BC leisure pool open at this time - the one out near the walkway to EPCOT? Or is that considered "Beach Club", while the one identified above is considered "Beach Club Villas" - DVC? Hadn't heard if both BC leisure pools were open or not.

Is the other BC leisure pool open at this time - the one out near the walkway to EPCOT? Or is that considered "Beach Club", while the one identified above is considered "Beach Club Villas" - DVC? Hadn't heard if both BC leisure pools were open or not.
I thought only the Dunes Cove pool at BCV is open right now.

sad.....I had a poly reservation for Labor Day Weekend before all this covid nonsense. Waitlisted for beach club because of SAB and proximity to epcot.

Waitlist came through, but ended up changing to Riviera because of the pool situation.

How do you waitlist for a resort?

It is a DVC term @DSLRuser was mentioning waitlisting for a DVC unit at BCV, got the BCV as requested and then decided to switch to Riviera DVC.

More details on a DVC waitlist: If a Disney Vacation Club Resort is not available that matches your specifications, you can request to be placed on the Waitlist for that Resort. Waitlist requests can be submitted up to 7 days before your Check-In date, although it is advisable that you do so far in advance. There is no guarantee, however, that your Waitlist request will become available.

Dave

It is a DVC term @DSLRuser was mentioning waitlisting for a DVC unit at BCV, got the BCV as requested and then decided to switch to Riviera DVC.

More details on a DVC waitlist: If a Disney Vacation Club Resort is not available that matches your specifications, you can request to be placed on the Waitlist for that Resort. Waitlist requests can be submitted up to 7 days before your Check-In date, although it is advisable that you do so far in advance. There is no guarantee, however, that your Waitlist request will become available.

Dave

Just to add to this - waitlisting can be done if an owner is using points to book a reservation through DVC Member Services. Waitlisting cannot be done if a person is paying cash to book a reservation through Disney.

I thought SAB was only off limits because of the NBA teams staying there??? And that it would probably open after August 24th? Does anyone know anything differently? They are opening Yacht Club on August 24.

Nope SAB is currently closed due to low occupancy at the resort.

YC is scheduled to open on Aug. 24 but the BC side is closed until further notice. As to if SAB will open with the YC or a later time or remain closed until further notice we will have to wait and see.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts