beaches and cream

720L

DIS Veteran
What/where is Beaches and Cream? I assume it's a restaurant. I tried searching the boards to figure out what it was but the search thing never works for me. If it's a restaurant please give me an example of the food and if you like it or not. (is it like a TGI Fridays??)
Thanks for all your help....

Beaches and Cream is an outstanding little restaurant at the Yacht and Beach Club resort. It's patterned after a 50's style ice cream shop with outstanding burgers, sandwiches, and of course a variety of ice cream creations.

It doesnt take priority seating and tends to get very packed at lunch and dinner.

Try it, you wont be disappointed.

Beaches & Cream is at the Beach Club Resort. It resembles an old fashioned ice cream shop. For meals they serve burgers, hot dogs, fries, onions rings, and the like. Although it wasnt on the menu, when we ate there DH was offered a French Dip instead of the Prime Rib Sandwich which they had run out of. We were very happy with our meals there.
Although we didnt try any, from what Ive read here their icecream desserts are just as good as their food. Beach & Cream is most known for the "Kitchen Sink" which is a huge concoction of all their flavors of icecream and all the toppings. Finishing it is quite an accomplishment. ;)
The only down side we found is that it is a small place and PS are not accepted, so there can be a long wait. But even so, we were so impressed, we are making it a point to get back there on our next trip.

Just hijacking the thread a minute....I'm staying at the YC this July. I'm wondering if Beaches and Cream has a take-out counter ??????

Robin

Yes, B&C has a take out counter. Some people will tell you that you can only get ice cream and drinks, but I have seen folks get burgers, etc.

We think B&C has the best burgers at WDW. It is on the outside the Beach Club beside the pool, Storm along Bay.

Here is a link to the menu...

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_bc.htm

whats better at B&C prime rib sub or the burgers? do they make either rare or only well done?

IMHO, The best part about B&C is you can get your burger how you want it! Here in NC, it is against the law. We eat lots of burgers at WDW cause we can get them medium rare.

Originally posted by CoolDisneyCat
IMHO, The best part about B&C is you can get your burger how you want it! Here in NC, it is against the law. We eat lots of burgers at WDW cause we can get them medium rare.

Wow! Not to go off subject but here in CT you can have it Rare if you want! I always go Med Rare!

This is a favorite and I agree they have the best burgers at wdw. The free jukebox with classic music is always a big hit. It is located on the back portion of the YC/BC. You will find it nestled between the pool and the hotel, just follow the porch & walkway along the bldg.
The restaurant is pretty popular, so plan accordingly. You might want to check out their menu at www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm.

Does anyone know if they have sugar-free ice cream for diabetics? This coming trip, my best friend is coming with us, and she's diabetic. We'd love to take her here, but afraid that she won't be able to get any ice cream.

TIA!!

We had a burger,chicken sandwich,prime rib sub,chicken noodle soup all were great,but the deserts were huge and so yummmy! Three people could share a mudslide and the banana split was the best I have ever had! It is small ,and does get crowded at lunch we went about 11:15,but it was a madhouse by 11:45.We went another day at 3:00 for a late lunch,and no problems getting a table. Just go at off peak hours,and enjoy!

That is so good to hear - we are planning a lunch at about 2 or 2:30 on a Saturday. Hope it isn't too crowded (this will be in September).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter