Beaches for families?

Locknload82

Earning My Ears
We're coming to Orlando March 9-17 and wanted to take our kids (7 & 11) to the beach on the Atlantic one day as a break from the parks. Can anyone reccomend a good beach for families in the Daytona to Titusville area? I realise that is during spring break and I know that Daytona will be overrun with college kids then, so I was looking for something away from the college crowd.

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, didnt know where else to put it.

I grew up in Titusville....so I would have to say that I'm partial to our beach there, Playalinda. It's been many years since we moved and I've only been back for quick visits and it's always been very peaceful and quiet there. It's right close to the Space Center and you can see the launch pads from the first few sections of the beach. Just one interesting fact about that beach....it's where the boosters are towed in after each launch! I remember it having to be closed each time. Gosh I miss living there!

I've vacationed at Daytona (that's where DH and I met!) and it can be wild...luckily we were able to stay clear of all that. Flagler is a little north of Daytona and it's usually pretty nice. Cocoa Beach is nice.

Have a great trip...let me know what you decide! Oh, you can search for florida beaches and get some info that may help you make up your mind.

I see there is "New Smyrna Beach" between Daytona and Titusville, can anyone tell me about it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter