Bedding options in the studio

Karebear

DIS Veteran
Hello

My 2 teenage children (boy and girl) and I will be staying in a studio at Aulani this summer for 3 nights before meeting my husband in a hotel in Waikiki. An exchange student that we had last year is now thinking of joining us on the trip. The accommodations in Maui and Waikiki will be fine for 1 more. My problem is Aulani.

At Aulani, I will have my daughter (who will be 15) and my son (who will be 16) and a 16 year old female exchange student. Originally, I was going to share the bed with my daughter and put my son on the pullout. Now I am not sure what to do. Girls on the pullout will be fine, but I feel weird about sharing a bed with my 16 year old son. Is there room for an air bed on the floor. Does Aulani provide air beds or should I bring one?

We booked on points and so we can't switch room types. Any ideas and input will be welcome..thanks!

I can't see there being any room on the floor for an air mattress. Of course you can switch room types, you can cancel and get all your points back as long as you are more than 30 days out. Or do you mean you rented points to book? Of course the other options is to not have the exchange student come or to book a second room.

There might be room for an air mattress, if people don't walk around in the middle of the night:

The table (for the pullout) would be moved to either the balcony or next to the TV, against the wall.

The air mattress could lay next to the pull out bed. Or possibly in front of the queen.

Another idea is if the 3 girls share the queen, but you all sleep perpendicular (in the opposite direction that you would normally sleep). A queen bed is longer than it is wide. It could leave for some hanging feet.

OR, just put a "wall" of pillows between you and your son on the queen. It'll work! :D

Your best place to put an air mattress will be near the door in that hallway area. There is no room when the sofa bed is pulled out.

Yikes - that will be tight quarters. A studio is smaller than a standard hotel room. I wouldn't recommend a studio for 3 people, much less for 4 people where one person isn't close family. DH and I stayed in studio and space was tight for just the two of us. We had 3 suitcases because we were on a 16 day trip, and there was very little storage space which made the room feel more cluttered. We never pulled the sofa bed out, but if we had, it would have blocked the door to the balcony leaving very little room to walk around. The rendering PP posted of a deluxe studio was not how ours was configured - the room was straight with no angle in the room, and didn't give much extra room at all. I agree with PP that a twin size air mattress would likely fit in the hallway outside the bathroom, but it would block the kitchenette, the bathroom door, and I'm not sure where luggage would go because all 4 would not fit in the closet. I seem to recall that our luggage did not fit under the bed there, but maybe someone else can confirm.

Thanks for all of the input. Aulani is only 3 nights. I think that I will just leave Aulani for myself and 2 children and have the exchange student meet us in Waikiki on the day we move to that hotel with my husband. The exchange student will still get 4 days in Waikiki and 7 days on Maui. It sounds like the studio will just be too small for 4. Plus it will be kind of nice to just have time with my children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter