Being a Disney Fan and Single...not easy!

hootie4

Earning My Ears
Although I have a quality life and so much to be thankful, I find myself empty when it comes to relationships. I have such a passion for Disney for a number of reasons. However, after going on a second date with this girl who is very nice just didn't seem to understand or try to understand the passion I have for Disney. Needless to say, when I dropped her home she was no longer interested. Not sure if this had anything to do with it but she definitely had no interest in Disney.

The way I look at it is that the person I am with doesn't have to love Disney like I do. But needs to show some kind of interest in what I ENJOY! As I would do the same in return.

Sorry for my rant but I'm just a little disappointed because I liked this girl. As I get older it gets more difficult to find someone you can connect with on all levels.

Well have a good night everyone! If you read this and can offer any advice or comments it is appreciated.

Thank you!

Trust me, I get that. I have a friend far more into Disney than I am(I see it as something fun to do but not fanatical), so it is really a matter of each person's personal tolerance. Of course, a lot of adults see it as a place for kids and families only, quite erroneously. Enjoy it on your own for now, and the right person will find you. Btw, these boards have a thread for singles to post personal ads as well.

Thanks Brad! I don't live my life around Disney, but it's a part of me that I enjoy for that creative side of me. Yes I agree the right person will find me. I think I just need to regroup and stay positive.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Chin up dude, it'll be okay.

Did you come off a little too eager to share all the Disney excitement with her? If so, that might've gotten in the way.

Other than that, just be you. There's a bunch of Minnie's out there... unless you want a Daisy, which means you don't wear any pants on dates... which again, could get in the way, lol.

Best of luck.

Thanks Brad! I don't live my life around Disney, but it's a part of me that I enjoy for that creative side of me. Yes I agree the right person will find me. I think I just need to regroup and stay positive.

Thanks again for your kind words.

I get where you are coming from, being a single man myself. For me, theme parks are a bit of a way to get out of my head. A good break from my everyday life.

Chin up dude, it'll be okay.

Did you come off a little too eager to share all the Disney excitement with her? If so, that might've gotten in the way.

Other than that, just be you. There's a bunch of Minnie's out there... unless you want a Daisy, which means you don't wear any pants on dates... which again, could get in the way, lol.

Best of luck.
Thanks for your reply. She had asked if I had any plans to go away. I told her Disney for Christmas. She replied oh I'm not into Disney. Again that is cool but she really had no interest in my enjoyment. I felt the need to explain. So I did but I guess it may have been to much. Oh well!

I feel the same way about guys.
I am worried I'll meet a great one and they will have zero interest in my life's passion of Disney!
It certainly is tough!

I get where you are coming from, being a single man myself. For me, theme parks are a bit of a way to get out of my head. A good break from my everyday life.
Exactly! I'm a middle school math teacher, so I need an outlet to enjoy myself and break away from the math every once in awhile.

Thanks for your reply. She had asked if I had any plans to go away. I told her Disney for Christmas. She replied oh I'm not into Disney. Again that is cool but she really had no interest in my enjoyment. I felt the need to explain. So I did but I guess it may have been to much. Oh well!

Nah, it's never too much. If you gave her your plans and she didn't want anything to do with it, then it's her loss.

Also, sometimes it just takes time to introduce them to it.

You'll find someone. And they might be a bigger Disney nut than you!

I am worried I'll meet a great one and they will have zero interest in my life's passion of Disney!
It certainly is tough!

I wouldn't call it a life's passion for me, but I definitely enjoy getting away from things. Granted, my life is already magical in it's own way, but sometimes you just need a diversion.

Exactly! I'm a middle school math teacher, so I need an outlet to enjoy myself and break away from the math every once in awhile.

Actor, writer, and musician here, but even creatives sometimes need that break to get out of their head. We all need a nice break from our own reality from time to time.

It certainly is tough!
It is tough but we need to stay positive by enjoying what we love. Of course with the hope someone in come into our lives and understand the passion or at the very least want to be a part of the enjoyment.

I don't know if the theme of this thread is more about the OP's date or more of we all need to go on a road trip right about now, lol... I could use a good escape from reality.
Lol. Well stated. Again, I don't want to come off as complaining. Just looking to get some thoughts out there. Thanks!

Nah, it's never too much. If you gave her your plans and she didn't want anything to do with it, then it's her loss.

Also, sometimes it just takes time to introduce them to it.

You'll find someone. And they might be a bigger Disney nut than you!
So true. The other person not into Disney needs to go down to WDW with the person into Disney to see it in a different perspective.

Lol. Well stated. Again, I don't want to come off as complaining. Just looking to get some thoughts out there. Thanks!

It's not complaining. A let down? Yes. Complaining, no.

Disney is at least something known. I'm a competitive drum and bugle corps person. Try finding someone that understands that lifestyle, lol.

My GF knew not of drum corps, but over time she's come to love it (Future Corps and the Main St. Philharmonic helped bridge that gap) and the music helped me find a Disney side I didn't know that I had. So it just takes some time. I also got some help finding my Disney side in 2012 when I needed a vacation and her parents were headed to WDW, well, we were able to afford it, so we went. We've been back just about every other year since.

It's not complaining. A let down? Yes. Complaining, no.

Disney is at least something known. I'm a competitive drum and bugle corps person. Try finding someone that understands that lifestyle, lol.

My GF knew not of drum corps, but over time she's come to love it (Future Corps and the Main St. Philharmonic helped bridge that gap) and the music helped me find a Disney side I didn't know that I had. So it just takes some time. I also got some help finding my Disney side in 2012 when I needed a vacation and her parents were headed to WDW, well, we were able to afford it, so we went. We've been back just about every other year since.

What's this "drum and beagle corps" you speak of?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter