Being from a no fun state

We don't have that saying here, but that would fit the mindset here for a time. And all it did was cause record spikes in covid-19.

That sucks for your area...mine has not spiked since adopting the policy (our last spike was early May)...then again, I live in both a very uptight and very law-abiding area - maybe not always the best in regular times, but both are highly helpful in a pandemic (like, you say 6ft, and they give you 8ft...you say masks, and they give 99.5% compliance)...

When it's "figure out how to say yes", for my area, that did require hitting every single CDC request to do it...like every single solitary one:)...see masks and shields for an instructor in chlorinated water for swim lesson groups of 4 kids or less:)...but we have swim lessons:)...

No indoor dining, no gyms, no bars but sports are allowed.

And schools can open. Yet, like you said, no indoor dining, no bars and no gyms.

I’m in South Jersey (near Philadelphia) and little league baseball is in full force right now. One of the fields is two blocks from me and they’re playing and practicing often.

How are they dealing with social distancing and are they having to wear masks?

Kids aren't in dug outs - they sit in chairs 6 feet apart outside of dugouts. Masks required when not 6 feet apart. Masks not required with playing in the field. Spectators are expected to wear masks if not 6 feet apart and can not sit on bleachers - have to bring your own chairs. Kids bring and use their own equipment only. There was a huge list if expectations for safety that we all had to sign, but those are the ones that stand out to me. Baseball is a game where everyone is pretty spaced out, so it hasn't been an issue. Other sports can't play yet - ones with more risk of physical contact. There is no youth flag football or regular football or hockey. I'm not sure about soccer.

Last edited:
No indoor dining, no gyms, no bars but sports are allowed.
We have indoor dining, bars and gyms open with limited capacity. Sports have been going on all summer for kids as well as adult baseball/softball too. Private sports club seem to be operating as normal since they don’t have to go through all the red tape of school activities. I have not heard of any problems - none of the kids’ games/practices have been cancelled due to anyone getting sick. I think being outside keeps risks to a minimum.

Kids aren't in dug outs - they sit in chairs 6 feet apart outside of dugouts. Masks required when not 6 feet apart. Masks not required with playing in the field. Spectators are expected to wear masks if not 6 feet apart and can not sit on bleachers - have to bring your own chairs. Kids bring and use their own equipment only. There was a huge list if expectations for safety that we all had to sign, but those are the ones that stand out to me. Baseball is a game where everyone is pretty spaced out, so it hasn't been an issue. Other sports can't play yet - ones with more risk of physical contact. There is no youth flag football or regular football or hockey. I'm not sure about soccer.
Yeah, it is interesting to watch MLB games with batters getting a hit, then pulling up their face mask when they get on base.

With no fun. My yard sneakers got completely worn out. Had to throw them away. My good sneakers which looks almost new will now become my yard sneakers. Never had this problem before.

I've been knitting, quilting and cooking - things I enjoy and find fun. We moved our weekly "in our basement" D&D game to Roll20 and have been doing it online since March. We rediscovered a MMORG that we hadn't played in a year. My husband and I have binged watched some things we haven't made time for in the past. I started to exercise again - which I don't find fun starting out, but I'm getting to the enjoyable point. Once a week or so we do takeout from a restaurant we enjoy. There isn't travel, and I do miss it....and I miss seeing friends physically - although I will meet someone for a socially distanced walk or a bring your own BBQ.

These are very inspiring ideas! Thank you for sharing.

We were walkers before COVID but this habit has increased (averaging 15,000-20,000 steps a day). We also have discovered the art of making our own cocktails (my DH has perfected the Espresso Martini, and I have a Skinny Margarita mix that is super yummy). I have gotten much better at ordering groceries and trying recipes (and sharing with my neighbors). We are enjoying bonfires in our backyard and stargazing, as well as boat rides and lake swimming, and just more family time (in general). The weather has been stunning in the Northeast this summer.

I realize in reading others' posts that I have not been very productive with home projects! I have been meaning to convert home videos to DVDs, but the weather has been too darned nice (I'm not complaining...)

IDK...I'm gonna chime in again to say every state has fun stuff to find and do in summertime... At least I haven't found one that doesn't. I've been to our local beaches twice this past week,out for takeout/outdoors fresh seafood,spent time with family at a picnic, taken walks in the cool summer evenings..etc. No travel for me, but still enjoying this season!

IDK...I'm gonna chime in again to say every state has fun stuff to find and do in summertime... At least I haven't found one that doesn't. I've been to our local beaches twice this past week,out for takeout/outdoors fresh seafood,spent time with family at a picnic, taken walks in the cool summer evenings..etc. No travel for me, but still enjoying this season!
The word “no fun” meant “lots if restrictions,” not that there wasn’t anything to do. We still can’t go to the gym, eat inside a restaurant, or go to a movie.

The word “no fun” meant “lots if restrictions,” not that there wasn’t anything to do. We still can’t go to the gym, eat inside a restaurant, or go to a movie.
I know what you meant....neither can we. I'm still having fun tho. Maybe b/c those 3 things weren't high on my list of fun stuff anyway... We hike outdoors,eat takeout, or outside on our porch-and watch movies in our livingroom.... (this is just those three examples) I'm already starting to plan cold weather outdoor activities...I think I'll take up cross country skiing perhaps.... (I like to walk anyway,even in snow etc I like to dress appropriately and go for walks thru the neighborhood) At any rate we still have months of good outdoor weather left IMHO I'm making the most of it!

Winter in Minnesota is going to suck.

Winter in Minnesota is going to suck.
Yeah.... I'm kind of dreading winter in the time of social distancing too....not gonna lie. I'm getting my ducks in a row for video chats and games! That's one thing I can do is zoom with friends. Our winter is going to feel long....

Yeah.... I'm kind of dreading winter in the time of social distancing too....not gonna lie. I'm getting my ducks in a row for video chats and games! That's one thing I can do is zoom with friends. Our winter is going to feel long....
I'm in "no fun" PA. We survived the cold weather in the spring by dusting off the Rockband instruments for PS4 and downloading new songs.
I did manage to pay off 3 credit cards and do several home projects. I'm out of ideas now.

I’m from one of the no-fun states too, but we’ve gone on vacation twice - to the beach and out west on a plane! We eat out every weekend (on patios) and have had cookouts and family get togethers. The farm festivals are still scheduled so we will do those next month. The sunflower festival is this weekend with live music and food trucks so we will attend that. We do everything outside (even my yoga class!) so I will miss the warmer weather.
I do not enjoy doing anything virtual or Zoom so winter will be harder. My gym has been open for months now so I can still continue that, and I will hike until it gets too cold. So far there are still fall sports in our area so will be watching my grandkids. I can’t say I’ve missed much. We haven’t gone to the indoor movies but can’t say I miss that. We will be doing the drive in next weekend so I’m excited for that.

I have been working from home this entire time. I live in Georgia so our governor is all for us getting right up there with Florida. Just about everything is open. Since Disney won't let me buy an annual pass, got rid of my favorite band British Revolution in the UK, and are not having eat to the beat concerts, I have decided to buy an annual pass to Universal and stay there for the week sometime after the heat is not so miserable. Other than that no big purchases.

I bit the bullet and did a mini four night / five day trip, even flying to nearby Michigan and just got back last night. Airfares were so inexpensive. We did two nights on Mackinac Island and two nights in Dearborn, Michigan - -flew to PLN airport 20 minute from the ferry to Mackinac, then to Detroit Metro (18 minute car ride to Dearborn), and then back home.

It really did me a world of good to get away. I'm back home now, and I just feel so much more normal and relaxed, having taken a little trip. Mackinac island social distancing and mask wearing was so so (easy social distancing, though, except for on main street that almost felt like being a an amusement part or Disney pre COVID-19), but OMG in Dearborn, MI there was 100% compliance for everyone we ran into and such excellent cleaning of surfaces everywhere. We visited Greenfield Village, the Henry Ford museum, the grounds of Henry Ford's home, etc. in Dearborn. The airports we used and airlines we flew are doing a very good job with social distancing and cleaning also. I was impressed.

None of which are important when you're sick and unhealthy or taking care of things when a loved one is in the hospital.

I get outside everyday and walk short walks, long walks doesn't matter it feels good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!