Best 3-Day, 2-Night Trip Ideas - First Trip to Orlando!!

Meg_G_16

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! This is my first post ever and I'm looking for all your best advice on a 3 day trip to Orlando Disney/Universal/What else?

My parents took my family to Disney yearly for as long as I can remember, but that stopped when I was about 15, so I haven't been in over 6 years. We've been to Universal recently, and I've been to Disney Springs.

But next spring or summer, my boyfriend and I are looking to do a trip to Orlando for about 3 days (all we can realistically afford to do)... I'm open to anything, but what would be your must-do things on a quick weekend getaway to Disney, Universal, or something else in the Orlando area? Boyfriend has never been anywhere but Disney when he was about 6 years old, and we went to Disney Springs last year just for the day because we were in the area.

I'd pick your favorite park and do that for 2 days ( 1 for your favorite, 1 for him ) and then one day for Universal if you are HP fans.

:welcome: to DisBoards!

I would suggest two days at Disney and the third at either Universal or SeaWorld. I know the SeaWorld suggestion might be a bit controversial but if you have been to Universal recently it might offer something different. If you are into coasters, SeaWorld just opened a new one.

As far as your time at Disney I feel that a day at the Magic Kingdom is a must. It is the heart of Disney. For your second Disney day, I would let your interests be your guide. If you have any interest in animals then the Animal Kingdom is the place to go. As adults, Epcot would be another good choice. Right now, given all of the construction going on at Hollywood Studios I would save that park for another visit.

Good luck with your planning and wishing you a magical visit!

You are young enough to last all day and night at the parks; so, get park hopper passes. That way you can have more park time.

If you are staying onsite use your extra magic hours which gives you more access to a certain park each day. In the morning onsite guests get entry an hour before the general public. At night you get two extra hours to enjoy the park for late extra hours.

Go to an early extra magic morning park and then go to another park that has a later closing like Epcot.

Make sure you don't do too much backtracking in the parks. Follow a loop. If you need a little rest take in a show between doing the rides.

I would avoid table service meals on a short trip for two reasons: they cost more and take more time to do.

Use fastpass plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter