Best ABD for active couple?

alyak

Earning My Ears
Hello guys and gals,

We are looking at doing an ABD in the next year or two, however we are a very active couple on vacations. Hiking in Hawaii or North Carolina, White Water Rafting in the Rockies, Treks in Alaska, WDW etc you get the idea.

What ABD do you think may fit our style of active vacations? I have looked at Norway, Greece, and Northern Italy/Switzerland or Amalfi Coast (we have no desire to do Costa Rica). Any thoughts or advice on what ABD would be more active vs. more museum oriented?

Last edited:
Australia is very active. There are hikes, zip lining, and boomerang throwing. Most people will climb the Harbour Bridge in Sydney (although that's not included in the ABD -- but I highly recommend). It's definitely not a museum oriented adventure.

My wife and I loved the Peru ABD. We had multiple days where we had some gorgeous hikes and while we didn't do the white water rafting others on our tour loved that as well.

We're heading to Norway this summer and are looking forward to hiking and biking days.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12e0.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_144b.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1248.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fc3.jpg

If you are not completely set on ABD, check out the Other Options threads. There are several highly regarded companies mentioned there that are more active in general.

I would recommend Alaska (although you may have already done some of this?). We did a lot of hiking on our "on your own" time, and there is mountain biking, kayaking, white water rafting, panning for gold on an actual creek, and rafting by the glacier. It's a pretty active trip, and all of the cultural parts are actually outdoors (the native center, the animal preserve, the dog sled experience).

The Galapagos is very active as well. Each day we snorkeled twice, and walked around the islands. An amazing experience.

As a prior poster mentioned, there is a lot of walking around the ruins in Peru and white water rafting as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter