Best and Worst QS at Magic Kingdom

Both times I went to Be Our Guest for lunch I was happy with the food. The price is higher than I'd like, though. If it was a little less expensive I would go there a couple times to try different things. As it stands now we go once and get what we reliably like, the pork dish for both kids and adults.

Both times I've eaten at QS Be Our Guest I got the Pork dish and loved it - but yeah, I don't feel like it's QS since they take ADRs, and it's a bit more expensive. The pre-ordering worked great though - I arrived for my meal, got my drink and silverware, and food was delivered about five minutes after I found my table.

The trip I just got back from was actually the first time I'd eaten at Pecos Bill's, I was really amazed - I didn't think the dining room would be as big as it was, given the location, and the food was good! I expected the Mac and Cheese Hot Dog at Casey's to be my favorite but... yeah, it wasn't.

I would love to try Peco Bills while we at MK in August! My husband went to BOG when we got married there, they had a last minute cancellation for dinner. I enjoyed the food, it was really good from what i remember. We are going there for lunch in August.

I wish that they ran a best poll and a worst poll, so that we can vote for what we think is actually the worst instead of the worst being what has the least amount of votes in the best poll, that way we could really know what places people think are bad vs places that people just don't know about/visit often!

I wish that they ran a best poll and a worst poll, so that we can vote for what we think is actually the worst instead of the worst being what has the least amount of votes in the best poll, that way we could really know what places people think are bad vs places that people just don't know about/visit often!

So true. The only real picture we have of what is bad is totally based on one or two bad experiences by the podcasters. I've had bad experiences at GREAT restaurants, doesn't make them my least favorite.

Late to this party(story of my life), but I'll chime in with a few things...

-I don't think of BOG as a QS either, but I've had really good food there.
-The last time I was at MK I walked past Golden Oak and they had the different kinds of fries(BBQ, BLT, etc.). I fully intended to swing past after riding Splash, and I forgot. Now it looks like the toppings are gone, and only plain waffle fries are served. There's your lesson, kids....never miss an opportunity to eat fries.
-I still can't tell if Cosmic Ray's is GOOD, or if I just *think* it's good because it's one of the few places where you can get an honest-to-goodness warm vegetable as a side. Their roto chicken and green beans was a welcome relief from all the other standard park stuff.
-Columbia Harbour House should be Top 3 for that second level alone. I mean....what an oasis on a busy park day. And fun people-watching from up there, too.

You know, I'm down around 80 pounds since the last time I was at MK, and when I look through the menus for these places, I'd say about 75 percent of my orders would be different than in previous trips. I've literally never given healthy eating one iota of thought on any previous MK trip, but I wonder how/if my rankings would change now that I actually make a conscious effort to make healthier choices.

I guess there's only one way to find out.....make a quick trip back to MK. Who's in? :cool2:

Love CHH. Not a fan of the food at BOG. We've done breakfast and lunch there. Both times the food had clearly been sitting under a warmer for too long. For the price you pay there, I expected better.

Pete said on a Facebook Live recently that he was actually impressed by BOG lunch last week...

In 2015 I had a pleasant lunch there... I was following in the footsteps of Joe and Ashley from 'See Ya Reel Soon' - Had the Croque Monsieur with the French Onion Soup. It was served in a standard restaurant cup. No complaints from me and was a lovely mid-day sit down. I had pre-ordered my meal so it made for a seamless lunch.

Had Dinner there as well and enjoyed the experience.

Pete said on a Facebook Live recently that he was actually impressed by BOG lunch last week...

In 2015 I had a pleasant lunch there... I was following in the footsteps of Joe and Ashley from 'See Ya Reel Soon' - Had the Croque Monsieur with the French Onion Soup. It was served in a standard restaurant cup. No complaints from me and was a lovely mid-day sit down. I had pre-ordered my meal so it made for a seamless lunch.

Had Dinner there as well and enjoyed the experience.

I can certainly understand putting BoG in the "overhyped" category considering how challenging it is to get a dinner ADR there and how long lunch lines can be - plus it is a little pricey compared to other options

That said, I was surprised to hear Pete on the best/worst say how he thought the food was just bad there. We've only eaten there a few time but the food was always a step up from typical park quick service food to us quality wise

Has anyone noticed a change for the worse in quality at Harbor House? This has always been a staple for us and I always look forward to it. On our trip last fall, the fish was some frozen tube-like mess that reminded me of a grade school cafeteria lunch. It was a major let down and we decided to skip it on the April trip.
Just wondered if anyone else noticed.

Did you like Pecos Bill before the change or only after. I know people loved it even before the change (but it was the worst meal we ever had at WDW and I refused to go back), but then I also see people who love the mac n cheese at Friars Nook (I have never eaten there) ... I think just goes to show that there are a ton of different opinions out there about food options at WDW and no one should 100% listen to what the podcast says or what anyone else says - if you are interested in trying a place, try it ... if you love, then great!

I have to agree with this. We were there two years ago and Pecos was the worst meal we've ever had at Disney! Was it changed after this time frame? I'm always willing to try somewhere again if they try to improve.

I have to agree with this. We were there two years ago and Pecos was the worst meal we've ever had at Disney! Was it changed after this time frame? I'm always willing to try somewhere again if they try to improve.

yes, it definitely changed within the past year or so (maybe a little longer) to a new menu that I have heard pretty good things about (but I also hear good things about the old menu, so I makes me wary)

We were there two years ago and Pecos was the worst meal we've ever had at Disney! Was it changed after this time frame? I'm always willing to try somewhere again if they try to improve.
IMO it was nasty pre-change. Only the taco salad bowl was decent. It had a following & think it should have been grandfathered into the new menu. I really like the new menu. The big fresh toppings bar with decent guac is the key. If you are paying OOP and want to save $, one entree of eg fajitas can easily be split between 2 people once you pile it high with fixings.

Ryno & Steve did a video review last year:

I dont really like the quick service at magic kingdom period. If i had to choose BOG was my favorite purely because of theming. I was a CA native for a long time and went to Disneyland 2 to 3 times a year too so i think quick service should be on par with what we can get there. Love the french dip sandwiches at disneyland.

You can't eat at BOG on the fly. You need an ADR, and for that reason, I wouldn't put it on any "best of QS" list.

Columbia Harbor House is my favorite, followed by Pecos Bill and then Cosmic Ray. "Worst of" would be Pinocchio for serving fake Italian.

IMO it was nasty pre-change. Only the taco salad bowl was decent. It had a following & think it should have been grandfathered into the new menu. I really like the new menu. The big fresh toppings bar with decent guac is the key. If you are paying OOP and want to save $, one entree of eg fajitas can easily be split between 2 people once you pile it high with fixings.

My SO loved it there pre-change :crazy2: We had to eat there 3x on our last trip. He is super bummed that they are no longer serving pulled pork.

We always eat at Cosmic Rays as it opens so early for lunch (we are often still in UK time on our first day in MK). We've also enjoyed Casey's Corner and Sleepy Hollow. We've never tried CHH as it doesn't suit our whole party but I may just have to break away and try it one day on my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter