Best and Worst

How about best and worst resorts for using the WDW transportation? We had heard POR and AoA were bad - didn't really experience that at either resort. We went to CBR before the Skyliner and that was BAD. New to DVC, but specifically avoided SSR and OKW because of the reports we'd heard about transportation at those resorts.

My favorite show is the Best and Worst of Walt Disney World. Does anyone else have any suggestions for topics?
Mine are as the following:
Resort Pools
Signature Drinks
Cast Member Assignments/Jobs
Night Life
Non Park Activities

I believe they did do pools, but it was a while back so things can change as things get refurbed and all. I think CM jobs would be interesting since a lot of them did work at Disney at some point.

I would like to see them do a pick 6 like they did on the dining show but with rides. So they have to pick their favorite ride at each park (including water parks) then the least at each park. I know it's somewhat similar to doing their top & bottom 5 attractions, but I'd be interested to see what their looks like if they could only pick 1 from each park and now that ROTR has opened how much it would change their lists. Also, really wish they could bring back the best & worst CM interactions.

Best and worst on-ride photo spots.
This would maybe be a "sucks/doesn't suck" episode.
Dinosaur - I look like I'm hanging on for dear life (I was. Omg that ride is wild)
Splash Mountain I'm having fun.
Pirates and Haunted Mansion I look very bored.

Does this replace the tier list that was done earlier? Was looking forward to continuing that ranking style for the rest of the resorts.

I always like when they do different best/worst of the resorts. They did this a few years ago and I'm glad they are doing this again. Best/Worst of the resort dining, including quick service locations.

Best and Worse Pete Rants
Would watch.

I always like when they do different best/worst of the resorts. They did this a few years ago and I'm glad they are doing this again. Best/Worst of the resort dining, including quick service locations.

I really liked these too. It's probably a good time to revisit all of these with new people and new options and things change over the years. But I did like the way the tier list was done (I watch the video game tier lists before new Diablo 3 seasons to see what I want to play) because sure it's still kind of Best and Worst, but allows more areas of grey. Kind of get a good overview of the resort. It does seems like it's best suited to resort discussions because there is a lot to take into account for a resort. Theme, food, service, layout, etc.

Last edited:
What about best & worst for people in chairs? Going in December with a friend in one and would like to what works and what doesn’t.

What about best & worst for people in chairs? Going in December with a friend in one and would like to what works and what doesn’t.
@kimisan - Since I was on an ECV for quite a few visits when I still went regularly (haven't been since '12 now), and would be if I ever went again, this topic intrigues me. Any specific subjects for "wheelies" you'd be looking for them to cover if they did decide to do this?

Hope you and your friend have a great time on your trip in December. My best advice for somebody on an ECV/chair? Plan ahead as much as you can, but don't stress the small stuff. Grab a guide, so you'll know when you'll have to transfer, etc. (if you haven't been in that position before), don't be afraid to ask CM's for their help and advice, and "roll with the punches". Pun FULLY intended! :) I've found a positive attitude ALWAYS helps, especially when facing things with a challenge. :)

Last edited:
Thanks! She is able to transfer and walk regularly (advanced neuropathy), but will be using the chair since the World is so huge. I haven’t been there in a decade, though, and that sort of thing wasn’t on my mind back then, so I’d just love to hear the crew discuss the best & worst aspects of the park on that particular topic. Thanks for the input!

People cutting in front of the person in the ECV is one of the worst, I can tell you that from experience. I'll be walking along and getting lost in my Disney happiness bubble, turn to say something to mom and she's not there. Then I stop and she's about 4 steps behind from people cutting in front of her as she's rolling along.

If your friend is able to walk a little, that will be a great help in the pirates queue, but there are wheelchairs you can borrow to go through the queue and there is an elevator just after you exit the boats at the end. There's also an elevator in the queue for Dinosaur, and the ride CMs are really good about explaining where to go and what may be expected in other queues, like when you get to a certain point in Toy Story Midway Mania, you'll be directed to go a different direction in the line to the wheelchair and ecv load queue.

My favorite show is the Best and Worst of Walt Disney World. Does anyone else have any suggestions for topics?
Mine are as the following:
Resort Pools
Signature Drinks
Cast Member Assignments/Jobs
Night Life
Non Park Activities
Hi! We did the Best & Worst of Resort Pools at some point...I know we also did our Best and Worst Bars at some point. I have been keeping track of signature drinks so that could be something we do in the future.

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I will say that we probably will not be doing any Best & Worst lists in regards to food stuff. I believe the request was that be saved for the dining show. Keep the ideas coming! I love the feedback!

Maybe along the lines of best and worst, a series of hot takes? Like hot takes for things you personally dislike, and hot takes for things you personally like.

For example:
Hot take: I dislike the Haunted Mansion because the graveyard scene makes me think of my deceased loved ones and how they're buried and then I start to think about being buried alive and it makes me claustrophobic and then I go down this whole existential rabbit hole.

Hot take: I love Journey into Imagination with Figment... have you tried it at the end of the night in Epcot drunk? It's hilarious.

I am so intrigued from CMs pov honestly.

How.about bes/worst type of resort guest. Best/work on the job experience. Best/worst child guest. Elderly guest. No kid adult guest.

Just general CM experiences to show that they really.help with the.magic.

🙃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter