Best backpack to use in the parks?

Em&Bec'sDad

She Dragged me here, but I stayed
After 12 years of going to WDW, my DW and I have decided to retire our backpack that we used for our touring. Back in 2005, it useful for holding food, plans, maps, and would also be used as our carry-on for the flight to and from Orlando.

We are heading back in June and still would like to take a backpack with us. With MDE and Touring Plans apps (as well as the Wifi in the parks), we no longer need the plan info, nor maps, but we definitely would like to have some bottled water, sunglasses, wet towels, and the like.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a backpack that they love for this purpose and has served them well?

Thx in advance,

The best backpack for the parks is no backpack at all. Wear cargo shorts and put a bottle of water in one of the pockets.

prices for multiple styles are good for "mini backpack" on Amazon. I always limit search to items with highest reviews

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PPY5SDU?tag=vglnk-c911-20

Considering ordering this for my June trip. Would be for phones, wallet, water bottle, sunscreen.

If you're thinking about that one, consider this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PW51AQ/ref=twister_B0174CVQ04?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Same company, $1 more. You get a zippable strap pocket; great for securing your phone. My Galaxy S4 fit in there with it's substantial case. There's an extra front pocket as well. My wife and I both had one last summer in the parks, and we plan to use them again this summer. They held up great, and my wife has been using hers here and there in-between.

The best backpack for the parks is no backpack at all. Wear cargo shorts and put a bottle of water in one of the pockets.

I agree with the above 100%. The 1st trip we no longer needed a stroller was amazing, then when we retired the bags.. even better! The compromise for me is I have to wear cargo shorts (apparently these are called "dad shorts" now :D) and carry others' cell phones, id's etc for my group. Ice water is free in the parks so we don't do bottled water.

If you're thinking about that one, consider this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PW51AQ/ref=twister_B0174CVQ04?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Same company, $1 more. You get a zippable strap pocket; great for securing your phone. My Galaxy S4 fit in there with it's substantial case. There's an extra front pocket as well. My wife and I both had one last summer in the parks, and we plan to use them again this summer. They held up great, and my wife has been using hers here and there in-between.

This looks great. I think I will snag one! Think it'll fit two phones? Trying to have just one small bag for me and girlfriend.

This looks great. I think I will snag one! Think it'll fit two phones? Trying to have just one small bag for me and girlfriend.

Why not just have her take a crossbody purse and add your phone to it? But maybe that's just because I can tell imagine not carrying a purse...

I'm not sure. I do recall being able to fit my phone and the portable charger in there at the same time. While the charger was thicker, it wasn't nearly as tall and slightly narrower. I could check this evening and post later tonight. I'm thinking there's a good chance of it fitting two depending on the dimensions.

I'm not sure. I do recall being able to fit my phone and the portable charger in there at the same time. While the charger was thicker, it wasn't nearly as tall and slightly narrower. I could check this evening and post later tonight. I'm thinking there's a good chance of it fitting two depending on the dimensions.

I appreciate that. I just hit day 57 and the fever didn't really kick in until I did my fast passes. Now planning mode full throttle.

I love my "ecogear Ocean" for the parks. Small enough to fit what I need, but not be an overstuffed crap collector.

I use a backpack designed to use as a diaper bag backpack. It has so many pockets, its great even if you don't have a baby. It doesn't look babyish, but has insulated pockets and an area to store wet items.

Wear cargo shorts and put a bottle of water in one of the pockets.

nope.gif

I use a backpack designed to use as a diaper bag backpack. It has so many pockets, its great even if you don't have a baby. It doesn't look babyish, but has insulated pockets and an area to store wet items

Yep. Nice choice.

The thought of walking around with baggy cotton cargo shorts on and stuff shoved in my pockets is the thing of nightmares.

Yep. Nice choice.

The thought of walking around with baggy cotton cargo shorts on and stuff shoved in my pockets is the thing of nightmares.

I have to say I see this solution to going "bagless" but some of those pockets are as big as a tiny purse! I can't imagine waking around with tons of stuff all around my legs but to each their own!

I use a backpack designed to use as a diaper bag backpack. It has so many pockets, its great even if you don't have a baby. It doesn't look babyish, but has insulated pockets and an area to store wet items.

I'm pregnant with #2 so I may just have to consider getting a new diaper bag a few months early. Thanks for the idea!

My favorite is one that is sold in Animal Kingdom - I picked it up a year ago and love it. They were selling it in the parks in February still. It may even be on the parks app.

It's not a string bag but an actual backpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter