Best Bar...

When are you going? Can my son join them? LOL He turned 21 this year and also wants to "drink around EPCOT" unfortunately I am his drinking partner :crazy2:
That's me this year with my nephew. He turned 21 late last year and apparently we will be drinking around EPCOT for MY birthday :rolleyes2 I don't think he realizes I'm almost 40 and can't drink like I used to lol

That's me this year with my nephew. He turned 21 late last year and apparently we will be drinking around EPCOT for MY birthday :rolleyes2 I don't think he realizes I'm almost 40 and can't drink like I used to lol

LOL I'm almost FIFTY!!!! I defiantly can not drink like I used to! :sick:

Another nice place to eat at the Boardwalk is Big River Brewery, especially if you like beer. (They brew their own beer). There is both indoor and outdoor seating at Big River.

Wasn't sure about Trader Sams until I saw the videos on Youtube. Not my cup of tea at all. I'd prefer something quieter and relaxing with more of a "laid back" atmosphere. Does anyone know if the patio is quieter? I think they have a singer out there but hopefully none of the "borderline annoying" shenanigans. On the other hand the bars I really enjoy are Territory Lounge, AbracadaBAR (did that one twice on our last trip while staying at the BWV), HBD Lounge (although it's more of a restaurant than a traditional lounge), and the R&C pub (met lots of nice people there). Bars I really want to try in October are Nomad in AK and La Cava in Mexico. Thus far, it's a dead heat between TL (it's a treat looking out into that lobby) and AbracadaBar. AbracadaBar has a bit more atmosphere and the Conjurita :thumbsup2! For me they both are winners.

Last edited:
Wasn't sure about Trader Sams until I saw the videos on Youtube. Not my cup of tea at all. I'd prefer something quieter and relaxing with more of a "laid back" atmosphere. Does anyone know if the patio is quieter? I think they have a singer out there but hopefully none of the "borderline annoying" shenanigans. On the other hand the bars I really enjoy are Territory Lounge, AbracadaBAR (did that one twice on our last trip while staying at the BWV), HBD Lounge (although it's more of a restaurant than a traditional lounge), and the R&C pub (met lots of nice people there). Bars I really want to try in October are Nomad in AK and La Cava in Mexico. Thus far, it's a dead heat between TL (it's a treat looking out into that lobby) and AbracadaBar. AbracadaBar has a bit more atmosphere and the Conjurita :thumbsup2! For me they both are winners.

Yes, the patio for Trader Sam's is very laid back! The music from the singer isn't loud, so conversations aren't drowned out. Plus, it's a perfect place to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks! There is also a specialty drink only available on the patio and not inside the bar.

Our favorite place to sit and have a drink is Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar in Epcot in the Italy Pavilion. When you go in there is a small alcove off to the right that has cute little love seats and a small table. We get a few of the shareable plates and a bottle of wine. It is a super quiet, relaxing spot and the food is really good

Yes, the patio for Trader Sam's is very laid back! The music from the singer isn't loud, so conversations aren't drowned out. Plus, it's a perfect place to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks! There is also a specialty drink only available on the patio and not inside the bar.

See that's my style!:thanks: patster734! Maybe I'll give that a try the night we do Ohana.

Last edited:
Bluezoo is a great option for dining in the bar/lounge. If you go, try the crab nachos! As much as I enjoy it there, I'd have to say my favorite spot to dine at the bar - hand's down- is Flying Fish. Great food and the service at the bar is just amazing. A close second is the dockside bar at Boathouse in Disney Springs.

A monorail tour with stops at each resort or a "crawl" around Disney Springs (SO many great spots there) are also options. Have fun!!

We just got back from a trip at the BWV over Memorial Day and did a small bar crawl around the Boardwalk resorts.

We liked the theming of Abracadabar but it is a pass through for the bathrooms for one of the restaurants next door so we did not enjoy it. We liked the ambiance and food at Bluezoo but the trio playing music was too loud to have any conversation. We did enjoy the pizza and drinks at Il Mulino and talking to others at the bar. But, they closed very early which was surprising. We didn't get to the Captain's Cup but the vibe looked very nice in there.

A few years ago we did a bar crawl around the MK resorts and had a great time (Hmm, I sense a theme here on my trips). We enjoyed the pool lounge at the GF but didn't like Mizner's. We also liked Trader Sam's, although it can be loud but found the Outer Rim very odd since kind of an afterthought area. We really liked The Wave at the Contemporary and if you know anyone who is DVC, the Top of The World bar is awesome.

In the parks you can't go wrong with the Dawa Bar or Nomad Lounge in AK. We also LOVE Tutto Gusto in Italy. We escaped the heat this last trip and had a bottle of wine with some antipasto platters. Excellent food and great ambiance. And, we usually start our first day at EPCOT with a trip to La Cava as soon as it opens!

We're 'Bar Diners' also and in my book you can't beat Raglan Road for that experience. An honest to God Irish pub with a variety of entertainments and a great menu.

Bill From PA
We are actually doing Raglan Road on our first night, with our DDs (22 & 21)! So excited as we have never been there before.

We're 'Bar Diners' also and in my book you can't beat Raglan Road for that experience. An honest to God Irish pub with a variety of entertainments and a great menu.

Bill From PA

I totally forgot about Raglan Road because we didn't have enough time to go on this past trip. But it is a must do to get a Magner's Cider there when we go to Disney Springs!

I stayed at WL for a single night last fall and passed Territory Lounge on my way to my room. I wasn't there long enough to try it out, but it looked really nice and I believe you can order from the Artist Point menu. If I'd stayed longer I definitely would have gone in. And since then they've opened a pool bar with an extensive menu as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter