Best Camera Bag?

ahepburn

Earning My Ears
So...I'm bringing our DSLR (Nikon 3400) potentially with a second lens to the park when we do DW in December, for those photography people out there, what do you feel is the best camera bag to use in the parks?

I'm also going to try to use this as a way to store stuff (money, CC, etc.) However, we are also bringing a separate backpack so if it doesn't fit those items it's not a deal breaker.

This is the bag I use, http://store.lowepro.com/photo-hatchback-16l-aw , most versatile and comfortable. It eliminates my need for a secondary bag and it has a built in rain cover.

edited to add : other places sell this at a lower price. there is a 16L and a 22L the 22L is significantly bigger.

Last edited:
I use the Ona Palma brown leather camera bag. I used to have a Nikon D610 with a 50mm and 24-70mm and they both fit quite well! I recently went a lot more minimalist with my camera. I now have an Olympus EM10 mkII with a 42.5mm (basically an 85mm) and a 15mm from Panasonic Leica and they all fit so well with a great amount of space to fit money and a couple random things, like a Tide-To-Go pen or small souvenirs. I end up only carrying that bag because 1) it's beautiful and really comfortable to wear and 2) it's the perfect amount of space and so well structured!

I use the Ona Palma brown leather camera bag. I used to have a Nikon D610 with a 50mm and 24-70mm and they both fit quite well! I recently went a lot more minimalist with my camera. I now have an Olympus EM10 mkII with a 42.5mm (basically an 85mm) and a 15mm from Panasonic Leica and they all fit so well with a great amount of space to fit money and a couple random things, like a Tide-To-Go pen or small souvenirs. I end up only carrying that bag because 1) it's beautiful and really comfortable to wear and 2) it's the perfect amount of space and so well structured!
I love Ona bags for my photo gear but am nervous about bringing a leather bag to the parks. Did you treat yours with something to make it water resistant?

I love Ona bags for my photo gear but am nervous about bringing a leather bag to the parks. Did you treat yours with something to make it water resistant?

I haven't treated mine, mostly because if it's going to rain I just duck under an overhang for the 2 minutes it rains ;) or, if forecasted all day rain, I might just leave my "big" camera equipment at the hotel.

IIRC it's gotten water on it and didn't stain, but I also could've gotten lucky. Plus, the usage and any scratches it gets (I've not gotten any major ones, just bumps) makes it even more beautiful over time! It also makes that super stiff flap top a little more agreeable. I see a lot of people who do treat their leather bags, I just don't and have had very good luck!

What I do is use a cross body sling strap (I use blackrapid w/a safety tether) and a small bag (not necessary camera specific) so I can stuff the camera in when going on rides. DSLRs are pretty durable. I find having the camera out all the time is the best way not to miss a shot. A cross body sling saves your neck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!