Best Date Night Restaurants?

aliyahciant

Earning My Ears
Hi! Looking for suggestions for a really nice date night restaurant. We had a reservation for Jiko but we have to move it (we got a BOG dinner reservation last minute). I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations of nicer restaurants.

If you are looking for an expensive experience, Victoria & Albert's is definitely a once in a lifetime experience. It is also a great setting for a date night. Usually, you have to get reservations far in advance.

Other restaurants I would recommend:
- Flying Fish
- California Grill

If you are looking for an expensive experience, Victoria & Albert's is definitely a once in a lifetime experience. It is also a great setting for a date night. Usually, you have to get reservations far in advance.

Other restaurants I would recommend:
- Flying Fish
- California Grill
I want to do Victoria and Albert's so bad but that price tag is just too much for us right now, Thank you though I will look into Flying Fish (we already have a California Grill ADR)

Our favorite date nights are:
Victoria and Albert's - hands down the best.
California Grill
Jiko
Artist point
Il Mulino
Flying Fish

We have also eaten at Citricos and Narcoossee's and were not as excited.

Hi! Looking for suggestions for a really nice date night restaurant. We had a reservation for Jiko but we have to move it (we got a BOG dinner reservation last minute). I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations of nicer restaurants.
First recommendation is to go to the place most convenient to your resort.

Sometimes, hassle-free time with a loved-one can be more fulfilling than even the best repast. Sometimes, sharing a sandwich on a bench is the best date.

More simply, there is little food at Disney worth the trouble of a long journey.

To more directly offer advice......besides V&A......

Rule-of-thumb is to avoid Disney-operated places:

-- Swan & Dolphin Signatures are BlueZoo (seafood), Shula's (steaks, mostly, but an amazing chocolate souffle dessert that is 'the best of Disney', imho), and Il Mulino (serving 'better' Italian). Bonus here is if you have a young child - you get 'free' childcare at Camp Dolphin during dinner for the cost of an entree.

https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/

-- Disney Springs has a host of places. Restaurants are opening at a relatively rapid pace and the competition is giving the consumer amazing choices. If you have a 'favorite' style cuisine (i.e., Mexican, Chinese, Cajun, burgers, fried chicken, etc.), you can likely find very good quality at Disney Springs and not leave disappointed. Boathouse is the current hotspot that has a menu that is as much seafood as it is steaks, with price-points for every wallet. Paddlefish is far more seafood-centric. Dessert shops are everywhere, with chocolates at Ganachery being a stand-out.

https://www.disneysprings.com/

-- Capa, inside Four Seasons, serves tapas & steaks. Nice space. Comparable Disney pricing for a meal here.

-- If you're looking for Disney childcare (Children's Activity Centers) - Polynesian, Yacht, Wilderness, & Animal Kingdom Lodges/Resorts offer an experience that gives more 'goodies' to the kids. And yes, you pay for that. If these places are convenient for you, go to the nearby Signatures or Casual table service that fits your needs. It's the company that you keep that truly makes the meal.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/

Last edited:
I will recommend California Grill for pretty much anything. I have been three times and each time I have had an amazing meal. Although it is a bit more expensive, I would say its definitely worth the price.

Every meal DH and I share on vacation is "date night" as we don't have kids. Some of our favorites have been:

Sanaa...great food and atmosphere. Surprisingly intimate for a WDW restaurant as they tend to feel like a banquet hall to me.

The Wave...see above.

Raglan Road....by no means quiet or romantic, but the food was so good and the show was fantastic.

Morimoto...great food and beautiful inside.

My wife and I don't have kids so every night on vacation is like date night.

Shula's or bluezoo, followed by a walk on the Boardwalk and a few drinks at Jellyrolls or a nighttime round of mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens
Make another ADR for Jiko and spend some time after the meal exploring the resort and watching the savannahs
California Grill is not my favorite place for dinner, but you really can't beat the view

Date nights are what you make of them. To some, it means having to eat at a nice restaurant, to others its about more than just good food in a romantic setting. Getting showered up and dressing a little nicer just to have dinner at The Plaza or BOG and walk around MK or just snacking around the WS at night can be real nice. Don't even have to do a lot of rides, or any rides, just walking around taking in the sites and sounds and enjoying each others company. To us, those nights tend to be more memorable than going to a nice restaurant (although we do tend to still go to the nicer restaurants).

Our favorite date nights are:
Victoria and Albert's - hands down the best.
California Grill
Jiko
Artist point
Il Mulino
Flying Fish

We have also eaten at Citricos and Narcoossee's and were not as excited.

Really? We have a Narcoosees brunch booked for my birthday. Hopefully, it's good.

I'm thinking of just booking us another Jiko reservation, especially since it's we're staying at AKL. I'm also going to look into Il Mulino. Thanks for the recommendations.

My wife and I don't have kids so every night on vacation is like date night.

Shula's or bluezoo, followed by a walk on the Boardwalk and a few drinks at Jellyrolls or a nighttime round of mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens
Make another ADR for Jiko and spend some time after the meal exploring the resort and watching the savannahs
California Grill is not my favorite place for dinner, but you really can't beat the view

Date nights are what you make of them. To some, it means having to eat at a nice restaurant, to others its about more than just good food in a romantic setting. Getting showered up and dressing a little nicer just to have dinner at The Plaza or BOG and walk around MK or just snacking around the WS at night can be real nice. Don't even have to do a lot of rides, or any rides, just walking around taking in the sites and sounds and enjoying each others company. To us, those nights tend to be more memorable than going to a nice restaurant (although we do tend to still go to the nicer restaurants).

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, we don't have kids so our whole trip is one big date night but I always like to plan at least one night where we both have to look a little nicer than usual. I like this idea though especially since the day I was thinking of was our half day at Hollywood Studios. So maybe we will just head down to the boardwalk after. Thank you for the ideas!

Every meal DH and I share on vacation is "date night" as we don't have kids. Some of our favorites have been:

Sanaa...great food and atmosphere. Surprisingly intimate for a WDW restaurant as they tend to feel like a banquet hall to me.

The Wave...see above.

Raglan Road....by no means quiet or romantic, but the food was so good and the show was fantastic.

Morimoto...great food and beautiful inside.

I was looking into Sanaa since we are staying at AKL. We have a Morimoto reservation for our first night and was wondering how the food was.

Romance for me also has to do with atmosphere, so here are my recommendations:
  • Bluezoo - when we were there - the restaurant has these blue and silver hues that give you the feeling of being under the sea. Mostly seafood from what I remember ( the salmon was wonderful ). Fresh food, unique drinks and excellent service.
  • O'hana - we are big meat eaters so this was right up our alley. And we love the old school Polynesian atmosphere.
  • Yachtmans Steakhouse - again, meat eaters. The restaurant - think old bay teme - the steaks were fabulous and the best part was walking around the BC afterwards with all the beautiful lights. So romantic.

You say you're looking at rebooking Jiko, and that's a great choice, especially given you're staying at AKL. Sanaa is another good choice, though of the two, Jiko has a better ambiance. Speaking of, some of the places suggested above aren't necessarily ones I'd consider a good "date night" restaurant depending on your preferences for such a meal. When we say "date night," we want a quieter, more romantic place where we can talk without having to speak loudly over the din and hubbub. Thus, we usually exclude CA Grill since it's rarely quiet, though it's fine for their Sunday brunch. Besides Jiko, another lovely place to dine is Artist Point. One of the quietest signatures and located at a beautiful resort which you can explore after dinner. Morimoto Asia is a fine dining destination, though it's a bit louder than either Jiko or AP though not up to the noise level at CA Grill. If you go there, you'll experience more of an urban vibe and overall solid food offerings (I recommend the buri bop). If you relish Italian, I have two suggestions. The first is Il Mulino which is, as one poster noted, a better Italian restaurant. Service, food, and wine list offerings are all above average, and it offers small plates on the menu which might be of interest. An even better option is a short 15-20 minute drive over to Portafino Bay resort: BiCE. Upscale with great food, service, and a very nice setting with nice linens. The menu is especially notable along with the extensive wine list. Pricing is on par with a Disney signature restaurant. Have fun choosing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter