Best Dining Reviews

Tom P.

Mouseketeer
What do you all consider the best dining reviews presented on the podcast? I've been going back through many of the dining reviews and enjoying them very much. Of course, I prefer the ones that are the restaurants they didn't like, because those are the funniest. :-) Any recommendations?

Hands down favorite is Liberty Tree Tavern aka soup kitchen Thanksgiving.
While I really enjoy lunch there, it had to be the funniest review Kevin, John, and Shawn ever did. I can't wait for it to reopen, I'm hoping they go back and review it again.

Last edited:
The LTT review mentioned above is also my favourite.

Within the past few months, there was a link on the Boards to the Via Napoli opening and it was incredible but the fun focus was more about the journey there rather than the actual food experience.

The sad little crab cake review of Coral Reef is one of their signature reviews (not to be confused with a signature restaurant). I've had lunch at Coral Reef and had much, much better experiences but would never touch the crab cake. If you've listened to that review, you'll understand why :)

there was a link on the Boards to the Via Napoli opening and it was incredible but the fun focus was more about the journey there rather than the actual food experience.
"there was a bus?!?!?!"

My favorite is the review of Shutters at CBR.

Is it odd that the most entertaining reviews appear to be of places that were terrible?

I love the Blue Zoo review. It has my favorite John line ever. I was crying! It was one of the first things I'd ever seen of the DIS, and instantly made me a fan.

[Edit, I guess you can't start youtube videos at a certain time here, so it's at about 13:35.]

While I really enjoy lunch there, it had to be the funniest review Kevin, John, and Shawn ever did. I can't wait for it to reopen, I'm hoping they go back and review it again.

I love Pete's reaction to Dustin saying "Why don't you give him a good pose". It's so sassy!

This isn't really a dining review, but I had to add it. I now really want to hang out with Craig and Cory for a night. Of corse Pete will be paying.
Spoiler Alert: you will change you mind about Craig in just five minutes.

That's not always the case. Here is a very positive review, and a formate I would love to see revisited if possible.

Thank you for the easy link to this! I thought I had watched the majority of their dining reviews but missed this one. Shame on me because it is an incredible review. Love the format, the pics, the interaction and the general positive vibe. I've never really considered Il Mulino because I've been to Italy and true Italian food is so incredible (even their fast food at the gas stations on the Autostrada is heavenly), that I hate to set myself up for the disappointment of North American Italian eateries. I just don't do it so have pretty much parsed Italian food right out of my dining options. Now I have to add Il Mulino to my must try list the next time I'm in Orlando. I just looked up the menu online and found their pasta entrees are really reasonably priced. Apparently you can even order a half plate (which would be ideal for me if I want to sample another pasta dish at the same time or a risotto or an appetizer) and still have room for dessert. What a great pick me up to be able watch this video on a cold, gray winter afternoon in Canada! Now . . . off to see if I still have a homemade lasagna in the freezer. Definitely not the same thing but the best I can do for dinner tonight :-)

Last edited:
Enjoyed watching them all, thanx for all the links (and laughs) :) Everybody's right - I always seem to enjoy the "bad ones" better - probably because they make me smile the widest, and laugh the hardest! :)

My 2 favorites are the Il Mulino one from about 2 years back

And Shutters

I've listened to/watched the LTT review no less than five times in the past year. It just never gets old.

Also, I really enjoyed that segment where John and Kevin interviewed the chef at Il Mulino a few years back and watched him prepare that dish.

I just recently watched the Il Mulino segment. Did they ever end up doing any more of those segments with a chef? They indicated they would, but I don't recall ever seeing another one.

Not that I've ever seen, Tom. (Though only been watching about 2 years, or a little more).

Kevin and John did a wonderful segment a few years ago about a local Orlando Italian restaurant - I don't remember the name of it, but it closed shortly after. If I remember, they loved the food but the decoration was a bit outrageous. It had a simple name in Italian - my recollection may be bad, but I always enjoyed that particular review and then a few podcasts later they reported it closed.

Does anyone know where to find the really old review of Shutters? I found a blog post about it but not the actual podcast episode. Thanks in advance! :)

THANK YOU FOR RECOMMENDING THIS!!

This review is hysterical!! I'm listening to it at work trying so hard not to gag and laugh at the same time.

Well, I literally just came back from eating at Sanaa. I mirrored, 100%, what Pete had ordered. I can "hand on heart" say (insert overused cliche'), that the Tandoori Chicken is outstanding. My elderly mother opted for the Naan bread appetizer with all the sauces. We both came away blown away with the service, quality, uniqueness and quantity served. But, the dessert, oh the dessert, the "candy bar" was the grand finale of this lunch. It was mind blowing and then came the bill.

With our AP discount, we were less than $25/pp including 1 signature alcoholic drink that she had. Sanaa's soothing colors and decor only add to an already perfect orchestra of food.

Well, I literally just came back from eating at Sanaa. I mirrored, 100%, what Pete had ordered. I can "hand on heart" say (insert overused cliche'), that the Tandoori Chicken is outstanding. My elderly mother opted for the Naan bread appetizer with all the sauces. We both came away blown away with the service, quality, uniqueness and quantity served. But, the dessert, oh the dessert, the "candy bar" was the grand finale of this lunch. It was mind blowing and then came the bill.

With our AP discount, we were less than $25/pp including 1 signature alcoholic drink that she had. Sanaa's soothing colors and decor only add to an already perfect orchestra of food.
Awesome! I thinks Sanaa is definitely on my list of "must tries" whenever my next trip is - for the adventure of the bread service alone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter