Best Disney 18 Hole Golf Course for Female Golfers

Raemama

WDW is my hobby!
Hello! I couldn’t find a thread or existing discussion that speaks to golf from a woman’s perspective. Other than the 9-hole walking course, which of the big three courses is best for a woman’s golf experience? Here’s some of the criteria I’m talking about: nice tee boxes; appropriate, playable distances; not a ton of holes that carry over water. (I really dislike it when the women’s tee boxes are afterthoughts—we need some height, too!)

Thanks for either helping me out with the best course recommendation, or pointing me in the right area/forum. Cheers!

I prefer the Palm and Magnolia to the one by Disney Springs, as it weaves through the resorts more so than the others. Both Palm and Magnolia are excellently maintained and planned by Arnold Palmer, I believe. Some past tours have gone through, so you should find no issue with the tee boxes and a combination of hole lengths. I am an average golfer and find both courses challenging. You will see water, bunkers, turns, and wildlife. I love it.

Are you uncomfortable with water? Palm seems to have a reputation as having lots of water hazards. My DMIL was a little nervous with that. Lake ulna Vista, the one that starts at SSR, has lots of buildings along the fairways. If you're used to golfing in a golf course community (DH is so he's fine), LBV is OK. But some people are afraid of all the buildings and their porches and glass around. Also, some people don't like an audience, which you're likely to have at LBV as a few people like to sit on their balconies and watch the golfers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter