Best Fish Extender gift received?

I would love to receive a drinking bottle, but haven't participated in a group that has done that. I would love a CD of the horns.

Favorite item was the Minnie keychain (loop of red webbing with minnie ribbon sewed on, a metal clip as wide as the web for the key ring loop to attach). And I love the handmade items too...a laminated page to write notes on, themed for the cruise. Magnets! I love them.

First cruise I did a set of sayings-Coin envelopes with sayings on a business card hanging from a line, spelled out FANTASY. That way I delivered once and the recipient had a surprise each day. I also crocheted mickey head magnets.
Second cruise I crocheted jellyfish and put a coin envelope with a disney saying card inside on each tentacle with a paperclip. I attached a neodymium magnet (strong small magnets) to the back of frosted glass stones (floral decorating type) for magnets.

Did you make your own crochet pattern for the Mickey heads? Would you be willing to share it? It sounds cute.

Yes. The pattern was simple..two rounds double crochet in a circle for the big part of the head, one round double crochet in a circle for the ears. Sew the ears under the back of the larger circle, glue magnets on the back. It was very cute-I used all different colors.

Something else that would be helpful on the Fantasy is a card for the lights. Like a disney gift card (no longer has funds) with a strip of magnet across one of the short ends. When everyone leaves the room, it will stick to the wall. While in the room, no one's KTTW card needs to be left in the slot. I found Amazon sells plain white credit card type blanks (don't need the info strip on them) but I don't have a printer that would print on them-it needs a special tray and an ink jet printer. :( I so like that idea. Can be used on the refrigerator when you get home, or put a hole in the top and hang on the tree for an ornament.

I am hoping we might get a cabana on CC this time, but they usually sell out. Maybe someone wants to share the expense (and can grab a reservation quicker than I can)?

I love this dreaming part!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful ideas. They have actually inspired me to get signed up for pinterest and start collecting ideas of stuff to make.

Our first cruise never had a listing for fish extenders, so I'm hoping the next one will have someone interested in organizing it. Never having done it, I am reluctant to organize it myself.

I hope you get to participate in an FE - they can be fun! If no one else coordinates one, it is a manageable task even if you've not done on before. No one had taken up the task for our first cruise, so I set up a Google doc for people to enter info. I gathered info and closed new entries a month before sail date. The latecomers organized their own FE group. It took some time to manage, but was not too bad at all.

So, the small bottles of alcohol are no longer allowed? Even if you were to ship them to the ship?

So, the small bottles of alcohol are no longer allowed? Even if you were to ship them to the ship?

You aren't supposed to ship liquids to the ship, you also have to include a packing list of all items in the box.
If the small bottles are anything other than wine or beer (and its derivatives like cider or mead) they are prohibited by Disney and are subject to confiscation until debarkation.

There have been reports where people have gotten them onboard and reports where they have been confiscated.

If you happened to be in a group with someone from the UK would there be any particular gifts you'd be PARTICULARLY happy to receive again? Just wondering :ssst:

I plan on making the plastic tumblers with the straws for each person, personalized with their name and some Mickey decals.. Would people enjoy this.. I figured they would be easy to wash in the rooms, and you could fill them with water/soda/juice and carry that around instead of the smaller cups they provide?

My cruise isn't until March 2017- So, I'll spend the next 6 months or so buying all of the cups little by little, and then the last 6 months making.. I'm just worried for a large FE group, I won't have room.. Luckily we live in FL, so will be driving to port, and don't have to worry about checking luggage on an airplane.

I just want to make sure a gift like this will be well received before I take the time and money to do it. I never use glass cups anymore- I always use my tumblers.. Would children enjoy their own cup- or would this be better for the adults and make the children something else?
I love tumblers & even though I am bringing our own would still love to get as a gift

I love all of these ideas and I happy to learn what people actually liked, rather than putting a lot of effort it to things people wouldn't want.

I love tumblers & even though I am bringing our own would still love to get as a gift
I got an insulated tumbler w/trapped straw as FE gift on the Star Wars Cruise. It is decorated vinyl decals of the DCL logo with the Death Star instead of Mickey in the center. I user it at least once each day. Hand wash only is no problem. Adults or kids it is a great idea! Just for info how much do the plain tumblers cost? I'm making custom t-shirts, different for each person and the tumblers would be perfect for presentation.

I would love a tumbler. We take our own and use them almost everyday, great for getting soda and taking to the movies or for when we order room service. I would appreciate and use another on the cruise. My child would love one too, teen boy at this point (13) but he would have loved it at any age.

To the person from the UK, I don't really now of anything specific from there but I am sure you guys have some great stuff!

I got an insulated tumbler w/trapped straw as FE gift on the Star Wars Cruise. It is decorated vinyl decals of the DCL logo with the Death Star instead of Mickey in the center. I user it at least once each day. Hand wash only is no problem. Adults or kids it is a great idea! Just for info how much do the plain tumblers cost? I'm making custom t-shirts, different for each person and the tumblers would be perfect for presentation.

You can buy plain tumblers on line from Dollar Tree by the bulk (36 in a case for $36.00) They come in different colors. You can also buy them individually for $1.00 each. I was hoping to see them
in the store before I purchased them on-line just see what they look like for my cruise coming up in October. pooh:

My first FE was on the Fantasy Maiden Voyage. It was 100 cabins!!!!!!!! Took me two hours to walk what seemed like a football field back and forth. But,I still loved being a part of it. Now,I insist on being part of a group with only 10-12 cabins,no more than that. I don't want it to feel like work or a chore. Whenever I find Disney pics I like,I save them to my laptop to make magnets,postcards and notecards using Vistaprint. We've received so many amazing gifts,from personalized embroidered totes, personalized metal tumblers,games,ornaments,cd's,jewelry to hand gel and first aid kits. One I particularly appreciated was an envelope. It said" Have Room Service On Us" and inside were $3. I thought that was very thoughtful.
I give a set of magnets and postcards to adults who live together and single adults. I give individualized age appropriate gifts to each child. I think it just makes them feel a little more special,getting their own item. When flying to a port,I send a box of FE's ahead to my cabin. I get such a kick out of shopping for the kiddos. Tweens can be a challenge,but once I stopped overthinking it and kept it simple, it became easier. I shop Ross,TJ Maxx,Family Dollar.....just keep it fun!

i recently bought Lego compatible mini figures on ebay. They had marvel, star wars and even princess. they came in small clear plastic bags. thry are cheaper than the Lego brand ones but definitely work together. I wish i saw them when we participated in the FE. i think they would be perfect for scho aged kids and theyre small.

My favorite FE gifts were a web keychain with a ribbon with the aquaduck and the Disney cruise logo. I use this every day and it is getting dirty but I love it. We also got light switch plates that have Mickey and Minnie and Pluto and other characters. My son and daughter have these in their rooms. The other item we got is a coaster made out of a piece of tile.

Tie-dyed Mickey shirts. We wore them as bathing suit cover ups and still wear them during the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts