Best Hotel Closest to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex?

Love_the_Mouse

Mouseketeer
Hello. My friend has asked me to do some research for him. He'll be down at Disney in February with his family of 4 and he is trying to find an affordable hotel that is close to ESPN's Wide World of Sports. The closer the hotel to the complex, the better. He's also looking for a budget friendly hotel and doesn't need any extra magic. He said ideally he'd like a pool and a room with 2 beds if possible.

Any ideas??

The closest Disney Hotels in the Value Resort category are Pop Century and Art of Animation-they are VERY close to ESPN WWoS.:)

Offsite or onsite? Do they have a car?

Since ESPN is on the edge of the property there are lots of offsite hotels close by.

Last edited:

My favorite off site hotel is the Best Western at Disney Springs. Their prices have gone up over the last couple years, but it's still cheaper than Disney hotels.

Short drive to ESPN and walking distance to Disney Springs

Since I used to do like 12+ trips a year to Orlando before I moved here I've probably stayed in half the hotels in Orlando.Going that frequently the majority of the hotels I stayed were booked through sites like Hotwire which doesn't tell you the name of the hotel until after you book.Being a pro at booking through them I pretty much knew what hotel would come up and save a whole lot of money doing so. One of the hotels in the area I probably booked a couple dozen times was the Baymont inn on Sherberth rd,like 3 minutes to AK and 5-10 to WWoS.I usually booked it for like $36-$55 depending on the season where if you go to their website the rates would be like $80-$120.That was usually my go to hotel if I didn't want to spend much.

Have stayed at these and they were just fine.
- Baymont Inn and Suites CELEBRATION
- Red Lion Main Gate Celebration

Stay WEST of I-4 on 192.

Last edited:
vacation villas at parkway, rodeway inn - the vv is a timeshare so better for families. rodeway inn is walking distance of several restaurants.

I agree with spicycat. In April we were in WDW for DD’s softball tournament at ESPN Wide World of Sports complex. We stayed at Vacation Village at Parkway while DD stayed with her team at Pop. We could see the fields from our balcony. It was that close! We book super cheaply through an RCI timeshare trade or extra vacation.

Since I used to do like 12+ trips a year to Orlando before I moved here I've probably stayed in half the hotels in Orlando.Going that frequently the majority of the hotels I stayed were booked through sites like Hotwire which doesn't tell you the name of the hotel until after you book.Being a pro at booking through them I pretty much knew what hotel would come up and save a whole lot of money doing so. One of the hotels in the area I probably booked a couple dozen times was the Baymont inn on Sherberth rd,like 3 minutes to AK and 5-10 to WWoS.I usually booked it for like $36-$55 depending on the season where if you go to their website the rates would be like $80-$120.That was usually my go to hotel if I didn't want to spend much.
Is there a back way into animal kingdom from there (I'm staying at Baymont Inn in March)?

Is there a back way into animal kingdom from there (I'm staying at Baymont Inn in March)?

The hotel is right on Sherberth rd,just take Sherberth rd to Osceola Pkwy,turn right and the AK entrance will be on your left,its like 3-4 minutes from the hotel to the AK lot.

I know off-site options was requested, but at least keep an eye on rates for the WDW Value Resorts, if you book at the right dates and at the right times, it is possible to get a good deal that is comparable to off-site hotels nearby..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter