Best Hotel - One Night Around Christmas, Not Visiting the Park?

Tim3888

Earning My Ears
We have one night after a Disney Cruise (the night before Christmas Eve) that we need to kill. My wife does not want to do Disney, and in general I think we do not want to go to a theme park and wait around in lines, etc... but I went to Universal Studios for a conference earlier this year and thought it was wonderful.

We have 3 children (5, 5, and 8). Which hotel would be best to stay? We'll likely want to swim (weather permitting), explore the City Walk, probably go see Blue Man Group... not sure what else. All the hotels look great. From the looks of things, Cabana Bay seems to have the most activities for kids in the resort itself, but I didn't get a feel for what the rest have to offer aside from their pools.

I appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks!

Check out the hotel stickies

Lots of info and pictures that can help you decide which hotel to book

Make a decision soon as rooms fill up early

Cheaper one night stays when you book early rather than wait until December 1

I'd save $ and go with Sapphire Falls or Cabana Bay since you don't need the express passes. CB is really fun but Sapphire Falls is a step up. Both are perfectly fine for a night. :)

One advantage of Sapphire Falls is it has direct boat access to City walk - much more convenient than the shuttle buses IMO

I would do Cabana bay, you have the lazy river and slide at the pool and your kids likely will enjoy that. They also have the restaurant with bowling if you wanted to do that as well.

I would stay at the Drury Inn. Since your not going to the parks, unless you plan on hanging out at city walk. We just got back a few weeks ago and stayed at the Drury Inn for 1/night cause the Royal Pacific didn't have anything our first nite. I would suggest Saphire Falls, we walked to it and it's really nice, Cabana bay was nice but the Saphire in looked fancier to me. The Drury Inn has a big breakfast buffet with eggs, sausage, bacon, gravey, biscuits, fruits, yogurt, self made waffles and more and from 5-? they have a dinner buffet with chicken strips, hotdogs, nachos, salad, and more but I can't remember and you get 3 alcohol drinks per adult each night and they have free soda and juice too. All that is included in your stay and they have a shuttle too. Anyway enjoy your cruise

With your three kids, I would do a Cabana Bay Family suite.

With your three kids, I would do a Cabana Bay Family suite.

I concur. Based on the number and age of your kids, would definitely pick Cabana Bay Family suite especially if your not going to the parks/have no need for Express Passes. It has my favourite on-site pools (and sandy play areas next to each pool), love the Christmas decorations they do, etc.

We have one night after a Disney Cruise (the night before Christmas Eve) that we need to kill. My wife does not want to do Disney, and in general I think we do not want to go to a theme park and wait around in lines, etc... but I went to Universal Studios for a conference earlier this year and thought it was wonderful.

We have 3 children (5, 5, and 8). Which hotel would be best to stay? We'll likely want to swim (weather permitting), explore the City Walk, probably go see Blue Man Group... not sure what else. All the hotels look great. From the looks of things, Cabana Bay seems to have the most activities for kids in the resort itself, but I didn't get a feel for what the rest have to offer aside from their pools.

I appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks!

Jmho, having 3 kids within eye-shot of two stellar amusement parks & not entering could be courting disaster.

If book RPH, PBH or HRH you will receive the FOTL pass for the day you check in & out = very little waiting in line for attractions

Good luck

Be prepared as with most hotels, you may not gain access to your room until 3 or 4 pm. Naturally, you can enjoy the facilities while you wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter