Best Luxury Hotels in San Francisco? and best Attractions?

AdamEfimoff

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of St Regis or Four Seasons Hotel and was thinking of
Day 1 Legion of Honor Fort Mason and Alcatraz
Day 2 San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
Day 3 de young Museum and California Academy of Sciences

Where is the Walt Disney Family Museum? Also what other places should I go?
And is Yosemite day tripable ?

Can't comment on the other stuff, but the Disney Family Museum is at the Presidio. It is absolutely worth it. Look in my signature for my trip report from December 2015. We pay parked. It was cheap and lots of space. I believe there is public transportation there as well. They usually have a special thing going on too. Michael Bowling usually discusses their events in the Disneyland Podcast on Sunday nights.

I actually forgot that I have been to MOMA. It was many years ago but was very interesting.

This is just my opinion, but I would take out Academy of Science and do the Exploratorium instead. It's amazing and a lot of fun. I enjoyed the Academy of Sciences but it was nothing compared to the Exploratorium.

I wasn't a huge fan of the MoMa...but my husband and I just don't appreciate this type of art as much, unfortunately. It's a cool building though! If it's were me, I'd do:

Day 1: same
Day 2: Exploratorium
Day 3: de young and golden gate park in general. It's huge and beautiful! Might be a good day to do the Walt Disney family museum, since it's only about 20 min drive from one to the next.

I've never stayed in an SF hotel so no recommendations there, sorry.
Yosemite would be a very long day, but my parents have done it in one day. I wouldn't recommend it personally though. It's about 3 hrs each way. Muir Woods is beautiful, and there's always Napa if you're into wineries. Tons to do in the area within an hour or 2!

The location of the Four Seasons is just OK, IMO. Check out the Taj, The Ritz Carlton, the Fairmont, Ghirardelli Place (owned by Fairmont but lovely apartments). We haven't stayed at the St Regis, but it looks nice too.

I second the recommendations for the Fairmont. Fairmont is one of the most luxurious hotels I've stayed in. And the one in SF is an amazing historic building too.

I second the recommendations for the Fairmont. Fairmont is one of the most luxurious hotels I've stayed in. And the one in SF is an amazing historic building too.
I went to Fairmont in Whistler, I wanted my money back. It was that bad. And its the only reason why I am not abding it.

Be sure to bundle up and bring an umbrella. It doesn't snow in San Francisco, but it can feel frigid at times.

I would also consider taking a cable car ride and looking around Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39. I think the Palace of Fine Arts is the most beautiful place in San Francisco and worth looking around.

If you're a fan of Snoopy/Charlie Brown, there's a Charles M. Schulz Museum about 1-1.5 hours north in Santa Rosa (where he used to live) which is worth checking out.

I was thinking of St Regis or Four Seasons Hotel and was thinking of
Day 1 Legion of Honor Fort Mason and Alcatraz
Day 2 San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
Day 3 de young Museum and California Academy of Sciences

Where is the Walt Disney Family Museum? Also what other places should I go?
And is Yosemite day tripable ?

I took my Girl Scout troop out to San Francisco (from NE Ohio) for a national event last spring. This is our itinerary after a lot of research!

Day 1- fly in, drop luggage at hotel. Hop on hop off around the city. Then we took the hop on bus to Muir Woods (giant redwoods- much closer than Yosemite). Pizza dinner at hotel, swim, early bed! (Jet lag!)

Day 2- take cable car to Fisherman's Wharf. Tour Alcatraz (it took us 4 hours, but the average is 2). Explore Fisherman's Wharf. Walking tour of the city to see Lombard Street, Chinatown, etc.

Day 3- was our event at the Golden Gate Bridge. Then we did Ghiradelli Square and a hop on hop off to see Alamo Square and the Painted Ladies (overrated). Then a seafood dinner at Fisherman's Wharf and some souvenir shopping.

Day 4- fly home!!!

By the way, my mum has paid for most of my vacations. So my association with money might be very off track. So have that in mind. Woo pay to bump would it be wrong if my mum paid for economy to bump her to premium/ business?

I am delaying this trip as I am turning 30. Wanting to loose weight. And get a full-time job. So will go next year
But really looking at a few places to go
cheers, Adam Efimoff

I am going to apologise and clarify a few things

While I have the money to so and might get some inheritance. I am looking for another job as I only work one day a week. I am classified as disabled by the government. But do not want to be on pension for ever. I really only want use the inheritance if I have to. I really want to live well into my means ratter then live by the means of someone else.

In addition, I am still wondering if I should go back to New York and do the east coast and see Frozen and Cursed Child or just do California in the winter. I know I could do possibly both but do not really want my parents to feel like they should pay for a trip and I want to pay for a percentage. Also I do not want to waste money either when its mine or there’s on too many trips.

I also have other trips planned, and trips cost money planning does not cost as much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!