Best method of making rooms requests

Lexx1214

Mouseketeer
when do you make your room requests and what method (email, phone call, fax, etc.) do you find works best?

DH and I are staying at POP in September and are hoping for a ground floor lake view room. We don’t care which building though. How and when would you recommend I go about making this request?

when do you make your room requests and what method (email, phone call, fax, etc.) do you find works best?

We have found that the most tried and true way to get your requests attached to your reservation is to call. Your requests are then provided to the room assignors with all the other pertinent details such as room type, number of nights, etc. If you fax it in, the fax has to be manually matched up with and physically attached to your reservation. That part is an extra step that can be missed and also the room assignor would have to look at another piece of paper to read your requests. There is no email option.

Calling your requests in can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

DH and I are staying at POP in September and are hoping for a ground floor lake view room. We don’t care which building though. How and when would you recommend I go about making this request?

Call the Main Reservation line and add a request to your reservation of "ground floor and lake view". Don't make any other requests. Call about a week out and ask the CM to read back to you any room requests on your reservation. Make sure what they read back to you is what you wanted. Then you're all set. Just remember, these are only requests. Sometimes they just can't be met. And if they aren't met head to the Front Desk and see if you can be moved. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days before you arrive so things can change from when the room is first assigned and when you arrive. People cancel, people leave early, etc. So it's always good to ask. Also, you may be able to be moved to a room more to your liking on day 2 or 3,etc.

Hope you have a Magical stay!

Last edited:
We have found that the most tried and true way to get your requests attached to your reservation is to call. Your requests are then provided to the room assignors will all the other pertinent details such as room type, number of nights, etc. If you fax it in, the fax has to be manually matched up with and physically attached to your reservation. That part is an extra step that can be missed and also the room assignor would have to look at another piece of paper to read your requests. There is no email option.

Calling your requests in can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Call the Main Reservation line and add a request to your reservation of "ground floor and lake view". Don't make any other requests. Call about a week out and ask the CM to read back to you any room requests on your reservation. Make sure what they read back to you is what you wanted. Then you're all set. Just remember, these are only requests. Sometimes they just can't be met. And if they aren't met head to the Front Desk and see if you can be moved. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days before you arrive so things can change from when the room is first assigned and when you arrive. People cancel, people leave early, etc. So it's always good to ask. Also, you may be able to be moved to a room more to your liking on day 2 or 3,etc.

Hope you have a Magical stay!

Thank you, this is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for! Much appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts