Best mode of Transportation to MK?

mrs.zuber

Disney Fan
We love to rent a car when we go to WDW, except for MK. The Magic Kingdom is a nightmare! The monorails were having issues when we went in October 2016 and the ferry was always packed and slow.

Is the bus system from WDW resorts more convenient? Is it faster? I have used it to and from MK but the last time I did I was 10 years old and I don't really remember plus that is obviously an outdated experience.

Any insights would be helpful. We will be doing a value or moderate resort so it's not like we will be super close to MK.

The whole concept of MK being built a mile away from the parking area to make it seem like a distant land you're escaping to is great but the truth is that getting in and out of there via the TTC is a pain!Take the bus if you're staying onsite.

:welcome: to DisBoards!

Take the bus!

We always rented a car when we vacationed at WDW but would always take the bus to MK. The wait for the bus is quicker and less of a bother than driving/parking/tram/TTC/ferry to get to the MK gate. Of course we would go during off peak times of the day so we never experienced lines and packed buses.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Where are you staying? I prefer to drive when visiting the MK on most trips. We put a cooler in the car and have cold drinks waiting for us. Waiting on buses to get to the park then waiting on multiple buses to return to the resort and riding standing up and packed in tight is no fun.

We drive to the MK when we have a car. We usually get there early enough to walk to the TTC from the parking lot and have so far never had a monorail issue. On solo trips I take the bus and have had to wait through many bus loads at the end of the night.

I take the bus 9 times out of 10 even if I've got a rental car. Much easier.

And the 10th time is when I've got a rental car and leaving for the airport right from MK so then I like to take the ferry across.

Thanks everyone! The popular opinion seems to be "take the bus" and we will for sure give it a try next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter