Best Monorail lunch... no ADR?

nat8199

DIS Veteran
I am leaving on Thursday for my Solo Birthday trip. I am so excited!!!

On Sunday I am planning on spending the whole day at MK, and I managed to get an ADR for BOG for dinner.

I am thinking of taking a break from the park/heat for lunch and heading to somewhere on the monorail for lunch.

Any recommendations for a yummy lunch for a solo traveler?

I'm assuming you mean a sit down place since you mentioned BOG. I'll recommend Kona Cafe, The Wave, or Grand Floridian Cafe.

I am really good with anything, I just want something yummy and relaxed. I do not want to have to make an ADR.

Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona, and The Wave are all solid choices. I'd recommend taking a look at the menus and seeing if one really stands out. In addition, I'd use the Disney app to check availability about an hour before you leave the park, since you don't want to make an ADR. That way, you won't be disappointed after travelling there only to find out they cannot accommodate you.

Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona, and The Wave are all solid choices. I'd recommend taking a look at the menus and seeing if one really stands out. In addition, I'd use the Disney app to check availability about an hour before you leave the park, since you don't want to make an ADR. That way, you won't be disappointed after travelling there only to find out they cannot accommodate you.

I have never tried Kona and you both mentioned it, so maybe I will give in and make an ADR there. I have a SDMT FP that starts at 12:50 that I really don't want to miss.

How about a nice boat ride to WL and trying one of the counter service places there? Or perhaps Trails End at Fort Wilderness?

I am really good with anything, I just want something yummy and relaxed. I do not want to have to make an ADR.

I would recommend Kona out of all the suggestions. If you can't get in, Captain Cooks QS is perfect!

I LOVE Grand Floridian Cafe when I'm solo. One day I found no ADR availability in the MK (no, I hadn't made any ADRs)but GFC had lots of availability.

If you want to go with a quick service, you won't find a better choice than Captain Cook's at the Poly. Plus you can catch the boat to/from/both MK and the Poly. It's a nice, relaxing way to travel back and forth.

I love Captain Cook’s menu, but it’s also an extremely small indoor dining area, so if sitting in A/C is a priority with QS dining, I’d choose QS at GF or Contemporary.

Grand Floridian Cafe is on my must-do list. I've always been able to get in on a same-day ADR. Often on a same-hour ADR. Love it there.

Grand Floridian is very nice and it's usually easy to get into. We like Kona too but I'm thinking that one might be tougher without an ADR. I'll echo what Tksolomon said, just check MDE before you head over to the resort and grab an ADR. That will also save you a trip from being turned away at an already packed restaurant.:)

If you want to go with a quick service, you won't find a better choice than Captain Cook's at the Poly. Plus you can catch the boat to/from/both MK and the Poly. It's a nice, relaxing way to travel back and forth.

I forgot that the Poly had boats! I managed to get a 12:05 ADR for Kona, the boats and never having been there made it the winner for me. I have eaten at Contempo Cafe a few times, and Kona will be brand new!

We enjoy Kona (we've been able to get same day ADRs) and Captain Cooks at the Poly. GF cafe would be my third choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter