Best N.Y. style pizza in the Orlando area

stings

"Yes" we are going to Disneyworld AGAIN!
Where can I find the best "N.Y. style" pizza in the Orlando area. I am a transplanted Brooklynite by way of Southern California and I would love to have some of the "real thing" on this summer's vacation.

There seems to be a real void in the Pizza category across the Orlando area. Good luck, hopefully you will get some good results with this question.

As a native new yorker, i can say, no question about it , the best pizza is at the cbr. It's certainly not cooked in brooklyn, but it's the closest thing. If you feel like a funky twist on pizza, try the california grill. Eat and be happy!

Pizza and Florida don't go together. The secret ingredient in Brooklyn pizza is NYC water - some of the best water in the world. Pizza is the one thing I avoid like the plague in Florida. Just not worth the disappointment, lol.

A place called Giorando's. Was recommended by a former NYer. (I'm actually a former NYer too.) They have thin and thick crust and typical Italian entrees. We always make a point of stopping there and the portions are huge. We have at least one more meal out of it -- sometimes more with the leftovers! Don't remember what street it's on, but it's in the strip mall with a Winn Dixie, I think (not the nicest grocery store)...

Hope that helps...

d

We had excellent Pizza at Disney Quest! It was thin crust (not crispy) round and all the ingredients were fresh. I would definitely rate it very high and I have lived in Chicago! The Cheesecake factory operates the eateries there, so they may have something to do with it.

Hi,

As I was reading this post I noticed that dotterson recommended Giordanos as a good spot. I totally agree. I love their stuffed "popeye" pizza (spinach and mushroom). HOWEVER I must claim the stuffed deep dish style as a "Chicago" style pizza. Now I am NOT from New York so please don't flame me, but as a Chicagoan I take pride in the stuffed style that Giordanos does as our own. We're not called the Second City for nothing. :cool:

I would say, " Sal's Market and Deli " at the Portofino Bay Resort in USO. The very best pizza we have had in the Orlando area. I'm not sure of some places that serve pizza, know that what they are serving......is not pizza at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter