Best of Epcot

Mdsleiman

disneyfan
Waiting to make reservations when the Candlelight packages open up and cant decided where to go. I went to Biergerten last year and enjoyed it but looking to see what you guys think. I have 4 over 18 and 1 boy over 12

We love Via Napoli, Garden Grill (It is a character meal), Rose and Crown (DH loves the fried fish) and San Angel Inn.

Depends what you are looking for-i may be biased as i worked there, but if you are looking for prime viewing for Illuminations, you arent going to get better views-waterfront dining etc, than the Rose and Crown. The food is decent, (not spectacular, but nothing to sniff at), traditional `pub grub`, so book a table at around 19.30, and make sure you are still there at 21.00. If you are sat inside they will will take you out to their private viewing area.

It depends on what you're looking for. If you want fun.. stick with Biergarten. If you are looking for a fancy dinner, do Chefs. If you want casual, Rose & Crown or Via Napoli. If you want exotic, Marrakesh. I've never been to Teppan Edo or San Angel, so I can't really comment on those. :)

Teppan Edo is wonderful but it is a dinner and a show so timing can become an issue. It's a few courses and the chef cooks in front of you. I think it typically takes about an hour and a half on average.

It really does depend what your tastes are :)

I absolutely love the San Angel Inn for it's location and atmosphere. Last time we had a table right up by the water and it was pure magic. But we're not really Mexican lovers...we eat nachos/fajitas/tacos/enchiladas but this is NOT that kind of Mexican. I have to say though they did make us some cheese & tomato quesadilla. I think it was on the children's menu and was offered to my vegetarian sister in an adult portion but they more than happily made it for the rest of us too!!
We've also really enjoyed the Rose & Crown and Chefs de France. We do the Garden Grill every trip. For a character meal it has a really calm environment and the tables are quite private. Plus it rotates and it's neat to watch people get lost trying to exit the restaurant or catch up to their family after visiting the toilets! Coral Reef is pretty neat too with!

There's not really many bad choices in Epcot!!! We had an awful time at Via Napoli though it is mainly raved about! The service was incredibly slow, less than friendly and oh my gosh it is the nosiest restaurant I have ever sat in! Oh and my pizza ended up being burned which they said was due to the typical wood fired ovens. Nope, Italians do not serve their pizzas black!
We've also done Teppan Edo, which is Hibachi style. My only issue with it was that like Biergarten you share tables but unlike Biergarten you have to wait and dine in synch with your tablemates which meant we waited 10 minutes for ours to arrive and then had to sit through them havings apps before we could start!

San Angel inside the pyramid is nothing special but great ambiance. If you want a cool place to eat and aren't too concerned about the quality of food it's a good pick.

If you have kids who like princesses then Akershus in Norway is a good pick. I would personally stick with Norway's bakery.

For China I've heard the quick service is not good but Nine Dragons is decent. If you're craving Chinese food there ya go.

I know people love Biergarten. I've heard both good and bad things about the food. If you like dinner theater like Hoop De Doo you'll probably enjoy it.

I'm 100% Italian and live in the Northeast so it's pretty impossible for me to say anything good about Italian food in Italy, even Disney World. Via Napoli is good pizza if you don't live somewhere that has good pizza. I've never been to Tutto Italia but based on what I've heard it's - again - good Italian food for people who don't get good Italian food at home.

Skip America because it's garbage.

You can't really go wrong in Japan. Teppan Edo is very good but nothing special if you've ever had good hibachi before. Same with Tokyo Dining and sushi.

I've never been to either of Morocco's table services and I really gotta fix that. But their quick service is the best on property, bar none. I hit it at least twice a trip.

I know people love Chefs de France but I had a really bad experience there so I would never recommend it. I'll have to give it another chance soon. France's bakery is one of my favorite places on property, though.

Never had anything in the U.K. and had an all time great dinner at Le Cellier but that was back when it was one credit so a lot has changed since then.

It's always hard to choose, but I think I will rank them as follows:

1. Le Cellier
2. Biergarten
3. Chefs de France
4. Via Napoli
5. Tutto Italia
6. San Angel Inn
7. Rose and Crown
8. Nine Dragons

I have no interest in Morocco. I skip Teppan Edo because my shellfish allergy wasn't a fan of Benihana, and it seems like the same idea.

As I think about it, they are all rather safe. Never had anything truly outstanding nor terrible. My friend who lived in Germany until she was 20 said the Biergarten is legit. But I've had better Italian, Mexican, and Chinese at home (Seattle-ish). Most people say Le Cellier is overrated, but I have a weird obsession with all things Canada. I put Rose and Crown at the bottom, but I've only been there once. I'm gonna give it another shot this weekend. I think Raglan Road is a better choice for across-the-pond-pub-grub.

Chefs de France! I went in with low expectations and came out having a new favorite place to eat in Epcot! The lobster bisque is to die for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter