Best of the best. What brands will you not compromise on?

Spaghetti sauce - Rao's
Spaghetti - Barilla
Salad Dressing - Marie's Blue Cheese
BBQ and Buffalo wing sauce - Sweet Baby Ray's
Ketchup - Heinz
Mayo - Hellmanns
Paper towels - Bounty
Steak - Ribeye, only cheaper cut I would buy is a top or bottom round roast to sous vid
Fortunately I can get all these things at BJ's

Well I know as a kid when we visited family in Canada the milk tasted a lot better. But my comments are based on the situation here where various brands are processed by the same dairy, only the label is different.

As a Canadian, I won't touch American milk for a variety of reasons.

Miracle Whip. Not a mayo family. I only buy mayo if I'm making a dip that calls for it.
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup to put on ice cream. No other brand tastes the same.

I'm more worried about cost than brand for most things.

I HATE mayo. I was raised on Miracle Whip (we called it mayonaisse in our house). I found actual mayo disgusting ever since the first time I tried it (as an adult). Even for dips or recipes that call for mayo I use Miracle Whip and it substitutes just fine.

Coke Zero and Philadelphia cream cheese. I think that's pretty much it. Lots of generics in our house.

I hate Diet Coke with a passion, but Coke Zero tastes great and has none of the weird taste of Diet Coke. I think it tastes exactly like regular Coke. Philadelphia cream cheese is great, but I find no difference between any other cream cheese and will just buy whatever is on sale. I'm putting it into a cheesecake or other recipe most likely anyways and they all taste the same to me.

Interesting! And now there is some kind of agreement for the US to sell dairy products to Canada. Canada allows the milk from cows injected with hormones, but does not allow their own cows to be injected with hormones.

I am Canadian, and I know of no Canadians who want the US milk with their hormones. It is a big deal up here, and most everyone will avoid it.

I HATE mayo. I was raised on Miracle Whip (we called it mayonaisse in our house). I found actual mayo disgusting ever since the first time I tried it (as an adult). Even for dips or recipes that call for mayo I use Miracle Whip and it substitutes just fine.
LOL. My mom made potato salad with Miracle Whip.......once. It was so bad she threw it in the trash. Miracle Whip isn't even food.

I hate Diet Coke with a passion, but Coke Zero tastes great and has none of the weird taste of Diet Coke. I think it tastes exactly like regular Coke. Philadelphia cream cheese is great, but I find no difference between any other cream cheese and will just buy whatever is on sale. I'm putting it into a cheesecake or other recipe most likely anyways and they all taste the same to me.

Yeah, the Phili is for my bagels. For baking or the kids, they get whatever is on sale. :D

Laundry: Smol capsules
Tea: store brand are usually like dust so branded like Yorkshire, PG or Twinings are worth budgeting for
Milk: if I’m drinking coffee, Alpro soya is required as others seem to split (I sometimes also order in Vantastic Foods coffee creamer, especially if I’m travelling and not sure what options there are)
Toilet paper: it doesn’t have to be a big brand but does need to be the higher quality

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts