Best Off Site Accommodations for races

limabeanmom2003

Wilderness Lodge Memories
Looking for recommendations for runner friendly off site accommodations for marathon weekend in 2017. We normally stay onsite for races, but will be booking off site for this race. Leaning toward Hilton Bonnet Creek. Any other recommendations? Doesn't matter if it is a suite, hotel room or condo.

We have stayed in Residence Inn--Marriott off of Marbella Ct, behind crossroads. They have suites and a yummy hot breakfast buffet that is included in the price!

I stayed at Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek for Princess this year. Hotel itself was great. Beautiful property, pools are very nice, beds and pillows comfy. I did not eat at the hotel.
I was most concerned with driving to the races, since I have always stayed onsite for race weekends. Getting to the 10k was a breeze. I left room @ 3:57am on Saturday and pulled into parking lot of Epcot @ 4:11. Sat in the warm car for 45 minutes, no bag check---> to corral.
The half was a little bit longer. Left my room at 4:05am. Traffic was just starting to build up in front of Boardwalk/Speedway Gas station on Buena Vista Dr. I was parked in Epcot lot @ 4:48. Sat in car until 4:55. Skipped bag check and as soon as I got to staging area, they were calling for us to head to corrals. Getting back after races was easy peasy both days.
I would stay at either Hilton or Wyndham Grand in Bonnet Creek during race weekend in a heartbeat.

We've stayed in rental condos/houses at both Windsor Hills and Emerald Island. Easy drives into Epcot for races.

I would stay at either Hilton or Wyndham Grand in Bonnet Creek during race weekend in a heartbeat.

You answered all my questions! I've been looking at the Wyndham for Dopey next year, and was wondering about the travel time. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter