Best onsite resorts for family w/ a 3 yr old??

HenryMom

Earning My Ears
Hello! I just found this board, and I am SO thankful for it. I've been reading and reading for hours, and have just now worked up my nerve to do my first post! LOL

I am planning a trip with my dh and ds (age almost three)for mid-May. I have heard lots of good things about the HIFS, but I think we'd like to stay onsite. My question is, can anyone share what they think are the resorts with the best pools, playground, etc for a three year old?

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed ... I greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Leslie
First Trip planned for 5/19 - 5/24

WELCOME :D
If your 3 year old is anything like my son who is almost 3 then he will love the All Star Movies Resort. Picking a resort has many factors involved and only you can choose which one is best for your family :) . I really like the All Star Resorts because if there "value" price and my kids like them because of the larger than life themes. My son is a huge Toy Story fan and we stayed in the Toy Story section of All Star Movies and January and he begs to go back on a regular basis :D
Most people spend little time in their resort except to take a break and sleep. The pools at All Stars are nice (no water slide) and we had excellant luck with the buses. The food court has a nice variety of foods.
My husband & I are going in a few weeks without the kids :eek: and trying out a moderate resort - Port Orleans Riverside. The moderates offer a little more and a slighter bigger price. I'm sure the wonderful folks here will give you lots of suggestion.
Have fun planning your trip :)

belle02.jpg

<font color=#cc99cc>Summer 1982 - 1 day MK visit
April 2000 - 1 day MK visit
January 7-10, 2001 - All Star Movies
March 29 - April 1, 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside</font>

I agree that the AS is a great pick for kids-
what kid wouldn't be in heaven?? We just returned from PO-Riverside. We took our 4 y.o.dd
and 2 y.o. ds, and they loved it!! The pool at
Ole Man Island is a lot of fun, with a slide. etc.
and they really liked the playground there. It has lots of climbing apparatus, slides, etc. Last year we stayed at PO-French Quarter, and the pool there is awesome for kids with a dragon slide. I'm sure any choice you make will be great! Have fun!! :D

mickey19.gif

'84-Offsite
'95-DxL
'97-WL
'00-PO
'01-DxL
'02-DVC??

All Star Movies!! We stayed at the Toy Story bldg cause it is my son's favorite movie. My son was then 3 and daughter was 19 mo old. This resort is great for young kids! The atmosphere is very disney! Your family will enjoy this resort. Have fun!

noears.gif
broom.gif

<font color=green><marquee direction="right" align= "middle" behavior= "alternate">Disney***Where magic and dreams come true!***</marquee></font>
mickey16.gif

<font color=red> ASMovies 9/00</font>
<font color=blue>ASMovies 09/01</font>
DL-79,82,92,03-I hope!
WDW-83,91,94,00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter