Best option for quick to DS

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
This is half transportation and half resort but put it here since which resort we pick will determine which transportation we go with
We need a room for 1 night here in a couple of weeks.
We don't land till 8:00 PM and intend to go to DS to try out the new Pourhouse as soon as we go to the resort.
We are trying to decide if we'd rather Uber to West side or walk from Saratoga (preferred room location is available)
I like the idea of walking since that puts us in control, no worries about how long we have to wait on a vehicle back, etc.
But, the Pourhouse is on the other end, so it may take us as long to walk there as it would to Uber from somewhere else.
We'll be checking out in the morning and moving to CR no matter what. We won't be going with CR that night since our room there is CL and we won't utilize it any that night or next morning. Wasteful to book it
So, Uber or walk? WWDD? (what would Dis'ers do?)

This is half transportation and half resort but put it here since which resort we pick will determine which transportation we go with
We need a room for 1 night here in a couple of weeks.
We don't land till 8:00 PM and intend to go to DS to try out the new Pourhouse as soon as we go to the resort.
We are trying to decide if we'd rather Uber to West side or walk from Saratoga (preferred room location is available)
I like the idea of walking since that puts us in control, no worries about how long we have to wait on a vehicle back, etc.
But, the Pourhouse is on the other end, so it may take us as long to walk there as it would to Uber from somewhere else.
We'll be checking out in the morning and moving to CR no matter what. We won't be going with CR that night since our room there is CL and we won't utilize it any that night or next morning. Wasteful to book it
So, Uber or walk? WWDD? (what would Dis'ers do?)
I would walk (it’s not that bad of a walk), or you could take the boat which will drop you off at the other end of DS.

Take the boat. We were meeting up with friends in December who were staying at Saratoga Springs. We just went to the boat launch and took it over to DS. Very quick and convenient and given that we spent a few hours walking around DS, it also preserved our feet for the walking around rather than walking over.

I don't believe the boat will be running when we are finished eating, otherwise we'd stay at POFQ and be done

Bus or rideshare back to your resort.
That is one of the options.
Then again, I don't WANT to take a minimum of 20 min to get there, if I can avoid it. Or back again if we are done before they stop. So probably takes the PO resorts off the table
I think, am 99.99% sure, we can walk faster from SSR, or use the internal boat system to get to West Side, this does run longer.
This is why I'm leaning to SSR right now
But keep suggestions coming. I'm sure there are other ideas I've not thought of
I've even considered one of the DS area resorts but currently eliminated those so we can use baggage service, if we do check a bag. I do NOT want to spend time at baggage claim, not even 10 min.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter