Best park for indoor attractions for toddlers without genie+

justme0729

DIS Veteran
What park or specific attractions do you think are the best for young toddlers (1-2 years) in the heat without genie+? I’m thinking Hollywood Studios for the Disney junior show, frozen show, and beauty and the beast show? We’re annual pass holders but haven’t been in the summer heat yet.

I would suggest Epcot. Lots of indoor attractions for youngsters (Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Nemo and the aquarium, Journey into Imagination, Pixar Film Festival, whichever film/singalong is playing in the france pavilion, Frozen Ever After, the three caballeros, Remy, and the space lab play area. And if the heat lets up, my toddler loves the outdoor playground between Test Track and the gift shop

I would second Epcot. It has 7 indoor rides without height restrictions, a playground, aquarium plus fireworks with plenty of seats (if you get there early). They often run food festivals (we love the international food & wine festival) so you can grab a bite from the booths while waiting. There are character meet & greets, jugglers etc for entertainment around the world showcase and the ice cream in France

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/l-artisan-des-glaces/

Plus taking the gondolas (our toddler loved riding it) to the Riviera/Art of Animation resort (breakfast at Topolinos) is a must for us.

Hollywood studios is the most stressful park for us, we usually limit it to one day of our 7 day trip. It’s a lot of runaround (we have 3 kids 14, 6 and 3) and we go at least once a year (have been with our now 3.5 year old 4 times post COVID); extremely difficult to find shade and seating. The restrooms have long lines. The lines for kids rides are outdoors in the heat (thinking Alien Swirling Saucers and Toy Story) and all the pavements make it even hotter. MMRR was the hardest 40 min wait. The Indiana Jones show is good (no AC) and got rid of the lights motor action cars show (need more shows). Beauty and the Beast is also non AC but it’s nice to sit down. Kids do love the Frozen, Lightening McQueen and the Disney Jr party.

Also, learned the hard way that toddlers can’t ride Alien Swirling Saucers without shoes (they have no shops to purchase them in Star Wars land or in Toy Story land; you would have to go to the front of the park). I was so careful but our then 2 year old managed to loose a pair of her Billy shoes. So keep an extra pair of robeez shoes (lightweight) in your bag. Also they won’t allow kids to walk on the pavement without shoes (risk of glass, although no glass is allowed in the parks; @MK). There are few if any pairs of shoes that would fit 2 year olds in the gift shops (looked in 2 of the MK shops before giving up). Fortunately had brought flip flops for swimming (were in our room).

Adding my vote for EPCOT. Lots of indoor play area/games that seem to be under the radar. You can enter through the exit areas to access these areas without even riding the rides. My kids also like world showcase, since there is plenty to just look at. It’s not all indoors, but you can pop into shops and such to stay cool without waiting in long attraction rides.

At MK my kids like Tom Sawyers Island and the Casey Splash ‘n Soak area. Both are outdoors, but one has shade and another water. Great for littles to run around.

Hollywood studios is the most stressful park for us, we usually limit it to one day of our 7 day trip. It’s a lot of runaround (we have 3 kids 14, 6 and 3) and we go at least once a year (have been with our now 3.5 year old 4 times post COVID); extremely difficult to find shade and seating. The restrooms have long lines. The lines for kids rides are outdoors in the heat (thinking Alien Swirling Saucers and Toy Story) and all the pavements make it even hotter. MMRR was the hardest 40 min wait. The Indiana Jones show is good (no AC) and got rid of the lights motor action cars show (need more shows). Beauty and the Beast is also non AC but it’s nice to sit down. Kids do love the Frozen, Lightening McQueen and the Disney Jr party.

Also, learned the hard way that toddlers can’t ride Alien Swirling Saucers without shoes (they have no shops to purchase them in Star Wars land or in Toy Story land; you would have to go to the front of the park). I was so careful but our then 2 year old managed to loose a pair of her Billy shoes. So keep an extra pair of robeez shoes (lightweight) in your bag. Also they won’t allow kids to walk on the pavement without shoes (risk of glass, although no glass is allowed in the parks; @MK). There are few if any pairs of shoes that would fit 2 year olds in the gift shops (looked in 2 of the MK shops before giving up). Fortunately had brought flip flops for swimming (were in our room).
My daughter (3 at the time) got her shoes wet while at MK and it was soooo hard to find a pair to buy! I thought it'd be no problem. I finally found some at a gift shop in grand Floridian for way too much money. Always gonna bring extra shoes now.

I would also say Epcot. They have slow rides and play/explore areas.

Have you taken your little one to see a show before? When mine was that age, she could not sit still for 10 minutes. I remember her wiggling through FOTL when she was three. Disney Jr was fine since they can dance/participate, but anything that required sitting and just watching something for a while was a no go.

I agree with other about Epcot. Loads of rides small ones can ride that are indoor. The shows at HS are going to be hit or miss with one that young. My grand daughter loves music and at 18 months the last time she went (she had already been once by then) the shows just didn't hold her attention. She loved Figment though and wanted to ride it over and over and loved the Living Seas. MK does have a number one that young can ride - WTP, Small World, PP, Pirates, Under the Sea, COP, Peoplemover, Jungle Cruise (while not inside) heck even HM if you want. Basically, any of the rides that don't have seat belts.

What park or specific attractions do you think are the best for young toddlers (1-2 years) in the heat without genie+? I’m thinking Hollywood Studios for the Disney junior show, frozen show, and beauty and the beast show? We’re annual pass holders but haven’t been in the summer heat yet.

Dumbo play area. My children would spend HOURS there. (It's not indoors, but same with the Boneyard.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter