Best pin storage books/folders?

TheMagicDivision

Earning My Ears
Looking for pin storage books or folder recommendations please. Have a collection of about 100 so far.
It would be great if anyone has any online recommendations as I’m in Aus or in park recommendations as I’ll be at DW again in March.
Thank you!

The pin books they sell in the parks are expensive ($50 ish) and one book would probably hold 100, but you might want to get a second. A cheaper alternative could be a cork board as well.

I've been on the same quest and am giving the Pin Folio a try. Just ordered a couple of options.

https://gopinpro.com
They also have an etsy store:
https://www.etsy.com/market/pinfolio
I've come to believe that pin albums simply won't be cheap, so it's a question of what meats your needs. I want something that's easy to stash away, but also easy to leave out to leaf through, like a photo album, that also protects the pins. We'll see how this works.

Disney's options are either cheap looking to me (the binder) or too floppy (the bag with the felt pages).

I'll be curious as to what great ideas others come up with.

I don't know if you can find one to hold hundreds, but for my daughter's pins, I bought a shadowbox and put them in there. She only has about 20 though and doesn't trade, so it works out well for her.

We have done shadow boxes and cork boards.
Another option is to buy a 3 ring binder and those insert that will hold baseball cards.
You'll get 9 per page and the binder should hold 5 or 6 pages easily. This will also allow you to keep the pins on the cards for the most part.

My pin collection (1000+) is mostly stored in Disney pin binders from ebay etc. and in big zippered binders; the kind some kids use for school.

Like shafke I use baseball card pages and pieces of foam or felt from scrapbook stores like Michaels/Hobby Lobby. The foam and felt backing protects the pins and gives you something to anchor the pins to. The pins are grouped by park, resort or character.

For big sets like the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train I cut a bigger piece and place in a 8x11 page protector.

I also have a few sets framed and on my wall such as the Coca-Cola commemorative series.

Only LE's and big sets etc. are still on their cards.

aIMG_0504-X2.jpg

Happy to find this thread. Is pin trading still alive and well (aside from presently closed parks)?

A family in Ohio lost their trip this week to the closures. They have a six year old who is devastated. We are locals and I'm trying to see if there is something I can send to them with some Disney 'homework' for them to do as they prepare to reschdedule. My heart breaks for them. Their previous first trip attempt coincided with Hurricane Matthew. I just don't want to send something that isn't a 'thing' anymore, but we don't use our pins or visit the parks these days and hoped I could send some sunshine to a little girl.

Yes, pin trading is very much alive and well. It's great for kids too, they can try and collect series or just look for their favorite characters. The only drawback is that buying pins at Disney is usually pretty expensive.

Thank you, CaptainJack

Hoping that offsetting the initial outlay by sending the pins will be something special for this little girl. I will get myself up to speed on pin trading and make her a little 'guide' on how it works so she has a project to keep her spirits up. It breaks my heart seeing how hard it is. I may be back for more info if I can't find it or have questions.
:-)

Thank you, CaptainJack

Hoping that offsetting the initial outlay by sending the pins will be something special for this little girl. I will get myself up to speed on pin trading and make her a little 'guide' on how it works so she has a project to keep her spirits up. It breaks my heart seeing how hard it is. I may be back for more info if I can't find it or have questions.
No problem. Let me kn
Thank you, CaptainJack

No problem. Pin trading is a lot of fun and I'm sure she'll love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!