Best pizza at WDW? Closest to New Haven apizza?

rbarbieri

Earning My Ears
This is a two-part question:

1. What is the all around best pizza at WDW?

2. For those familiar with New Haven pizza (apizza), what is the closest thing at WDW? (Feel free to only answer part 1.)

I personally think that Via Napoli is the best on property, but if I were to go off of google images of "apizza," it looks like Pizza Ponte (Disney Springs) or even Blaze (also Disney Springs) would be closer to New Haven pizza.

I just read a blurb about the Boardwalk Pizza window getting a "pizza dough" makeover and the new pizza's look awesome!! Hopefully they taste as good as they look!

We are from CT I can tell you the best we have tried in WDW is Via Napoli but it still doesn’t come close to New Haven Pizza! Lol!!! We usually skip pizza in WDW lol! We haven’t tried Blaze yet but we have too many other restaurants we like in DS so I can’t see us trying it.

We were recently at Cali Grill. Currently on the menu are appetizer pizzas. DH and I shared the pepperoni pizza, and let me just tell you, it was the BEST pizza I have ever had.

I live in CT, grew up on New Haven and NYC pizza. I know good pizza. Via Napoli is okay, but the unexpected delicious appetizer pizza at Cali Grill knocked my socks off.

LOVE New Haven apizza (Pepe's! Modern! Soooooo good!) I live 20 minutes away and it's a real problem for my waistline.

We usually skip pizza at WDW because of this. Via Napoli is good (not great, but I may be in the minority saying so). I'm not sure anything at WDW really compares to New Haven apizza. We're going to California Grill on this trip and I'm definitely trying the pizza appetizer. I'm also going to try Boardwalk's new pizza window (we let each kid pick a meal, and that's what stepdaughter wants). I'm back August 25- if I remember, I can report back then.

I'm from NJ and a pizza snob. I love Via Napoli. Via Napoli was my first time trying pizza in WDW after several trips.

I grew up in NY and lived in Milford for a few years, and have to agree nothing in WDW is like New Haven-style. I think Via Napoli is solid--not as crispy as New Haven-style though.

Sidenote, I live in Massachusetts now and would kill for a Pepe's or Colony here! Sigh!

I just read a blurb about the Boardwalk Pizza window getting a "pizza dough" makeover and the new pizza's look awesome!! Hopefully they taste as good as they look!

I actually preferred Boardwalk Pizza to Via Napoli (sit down, not the window.) Now I'm nervous they are changing it!

Flipper's Pizza at strip mall off Disney property but close. Off of Apopka Vineland/535 across from Hotel Plaza Boulevard.

We are staying at BWI starting tomorrow. Can't wait to try the new boardwalk pizza!!!

I like Via Napoli's quattro formaggio.

But, I also like Splitsville's pizza too, but they are different. This crust is like a hand-tossed dough.

Just had Modern pizza a few weeks ago. Via Napoli is good but not as good. Might want to try Blaze. Not sure if you tried Blaze in New Haven. Again, not the same but the reason we usually get Blaze in DS is because the crust is so thin and that's key to good pizza for my family.

Unless you wanna head over to WGP express in DS, Just order Flippers or Giordanos delivery and call it a night. WDW pizza is terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter