Best place for groceries around Disney

aussiejen

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Sorry for all the questions...We have booked Lansky for our choice of shuttle from LAX & we get a 20min grocery stop.
Where would be the best place to stop just to run in & get some groceries.

Hi All,

Sorry for all the questions...We have booked Lansky for our choice of shuttle from LAX & we get a 20min grocery stop.
Where would be the best place to stop just to run in & get some groceries.
This map is from 2008. http://anaheim411.com/2008_mapFRONT_xl.jpg
We have stopped at the Target or Von's for things.
Target on Harbor near Chapman.
Von's on Chapman near Haster.

There is also a Walmart close by.2017-12-13 001.JPG

I gather Target there is a grocery store? Target here in Australia is like a clothing, entertainmet, toys store.. not grocery.:D
Were staying at Camelot, what one is closer?

I gather Target there is a grocery store? Target here in Australia is like a clothing, entertainmet, toys store.. not grocery.:D
Yes most targets now have a small grocery section and of course your cereal, snacks, and beverages aisles. We are also using Lansky staying at DLH but i think we will just have our stuff delivered. I was recommend to use either vons or amazon prime

how far ahead of time do you suggest i place my order with Vons? We arrive at the Camelot Inn 25th Jan?

thanks for the heads up for Vons delivery, for my first order i get $25 off & free delivery...havent read the terms & conditions yet lol

or if you like carls' jr, then to the west is a wal-mart neighborhood type with another across the street. I was just at a Target here in AZ and the grocerys are high, so consider other options close by for savings in food purchases.

We are from Australia as well and had lansky stop at Target.
It is not like the ones at home the grocery section is bigger than some of our supermarkets.
It also has pharmacy things if you need anything, fruit and veg, bakery ect as well as what we have at the targets at home.

The 7-Eleven stores are also worth checking out too on Katella Street, near the crossing with Harbor Blvd.

Also don't forget the CVS and Walgreens, on the same junction :) Ideal for picking up most bits and pieces, visiting from the UK for us means that quite a lot of items are cheaper too.

I like the Target, they also carry a lot of Disney merchandise that relatively inexpensive, hats, socks, t-shirts. We usually do a little shopping there before World of Disney.

or if you like carls' jr, then to the west is a wal-mart neighborhood type with another across the street. I was just at a Target here in AZ and the grocerys are high, so consider other options close by for savings in food purchases.
How far is Walmart from Camelot Inn? like id driving time?

We are from Australia as well and had lansky stop at Target.
It is not like the ones at home the grocery section is bigger than some of our supermarkets.
It also has pharmacy things if you need anything, fruit and veg, bakery ect as well as what we have at the targets at home.

All the times weve been to the US and never once vistied a Target...it sounds a bit like Walmart......I go a little crazy on the shopping over there..lol just a little...
I dont know how im just going to spend 20mins there lol.... :Pinkbounc Im getting excited just thinking about it...my 11 yr old said shes going to try everything as in food wise this time that we dont have here in Aus cos she was 5 last time she was there and didnt try much..

I like the Target, they also carry a lot of Disney merchandise that relatively inexpensive, hats, socks, t-shirts. We usually do a little shopping there before World of Disney.

I love how cheap all the Disney stuff is there....the kids do get spoilt i must say. :hyper:

harbor is the unknown drive time, but once on Katella, you are not dealing with pedestrian traffic, so once on Katella, no more than 5 mins. We walk it, love the neighborhood and culture of the street, walk takes us an hour, then we catch bus back with gym bags full of food and water

harbor is the unknown drive time, but once on Katella, you are not dealing with pedestrian traffic, so once on Katella, no more than 5 mins. We walk it, love the neighborhood and culture of the street, walk takes us an hour, then we catch bus back with gym bags full of food and water

I would love the walk but with a 14. 11 & 1 yr old unfortunaelty is not doable lol.

that is interesting about the daughter food choices....is like in Oreos and Diritos and dr pepper.....or in the Hispanic side of food offerings like pic de gallo avocado and sour cream on a tortilla shell...or the ice cream....because I thought that auzzie and yankee diets were the same with beef and potatoes?
I would love the walk but with a 14. 11 & 1 yr old unfortunaelty is not doable lol.

that is interesting about the daughter food choices....is like in Oreos and Diritos and dr pepper.....or in the Hispanic side of food offerings like pic de gallo avocado and sour cream on a tortilla shell...or the ice cream....because I thought that auzzie and yankee diets were the same with beef and potatoes?

Our food here in Australia is pretty plain & bland compared to the US... She wants to try things from Lollies, chips, hot foods ... Dole whip etc.
The US have twicw as much variety as we do here. and the protiions there are so much bigger in most things.

Alternatively, if you have Amazon Prime, you can order from Prime Now and have it delivered to the hotel you are staying at and it will be delivered within two hours (or one hour if you pay a $7.99 delivery fee).

If you don't have Prime, then you can also order from Instacart and they will deliver as well.

Both waive the service fee with a minimum purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!