Best planned trip ever

Bete

DIS Veteran
First, let me say I've been to Disney World over 40 times. I actually had not been there for the last 6 years until our Dec 2017 trip. I wasn't really familiar with My Disney Experience too much or fastpass plus or magic band.

I was apprehensive because so much technology had taken over. We went with a free dining promo and stayed at a value and upgraded out of pocket for the Deluxe dining package. I was mortified at the high prices for table service meals, especially character dining. Was very happy we were covered with the free plan.

We utilized every early extra magic morning hour we could do and we did one late extra magic night at Epcot. We were in Magic Kingdom at 7 am; because, it was a party night; so, Disney opened super early. It was amazing how much we could do with those early hours. Magic Kingdom announced some early mornings at the last minute and then I was able to get Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for an 8 am FP. We went to River of Lights at Animal Kingdom and was able to get a fastpass for FOP after the show. Don't overlook doing fastpass at night. Most days we used all our fastpasses by 1 pm and we were able to get more fastpasses.

Keep tweaking your times for table service and fastpasses. It pays off. Our schedule was very tight that way. We saw more in the parks then ever before with our time there. We did 6 park days. We secured ROL dining package and the Fantasmic dining package, too.

By going early I think we had less problems with the bus transportation. We had one bad night going back from Epcot. Then, we waited over an hour. We saw MK fireworks from the Grand Floridian; so, we didn't have to fight that crowd at the park. Otherwise, our waits were in the 15-20 minute range.

When fastpasses went quickly we were able to get in a lot of stand by rides. We saw a lot of shows that way, too. Took a lot of pictures, too.

I feel this was our most successful trip to date. It couldn't have gone better. Please plan your trip. It makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter