Best priced suite

lucky4you

Mouseketeer
My family of 4 goes to Disney about every 2 years. We are planning to go in March 2019. We have always stayed on site. It was at the values until last time when we stayed in our camper. We don't want to pull it that far again.We have gotten used to having seperate rooms. We are considering staying off site for the next trip. We rarely use the onsite perks anyway. Such as extra magic hours or transportation. We also found that we can reduce costs by not getting the meal plan. I searched the prices for suites in the value resorts and they are too high. Can anyone recommend a hotel close by that is lower priced? I have been searching on my own as well. We want a king bed in a seperate room with a door that closes to seperate it. I was looking a a pull out sofa bed for the kids.It doesn't have to have a full kitchen. But, we'd like a microwave and at least a mini fridge. It doesn't have to be fancy because we won't spend much time there anyway. Thanks for any options you can give.

My BIL and SIL are staying this week at the Hawthorn on Palm drive. Disunplugged did a review of it. Not fancy, but does have option of a room with a king bed and a full sleeper sofa. Small kitchen with 2 burners and full size refrig and microwave. If you sign up with your email the rate for March is $118 a night.

Lots of places to eat cheaper off site around there.

How about the Doubletree suites at Disney Springs? You'll get the new 60 day FP perk.

We are considering staying off site for the next trip. We rarely use the onsite perks anyway. Such as extra magic hours or transportation. We also found that we can reduce costs by not getting the meal plan. I searched the prices for suites in the value resorts and they are too high. Can anyone recommend a hotel close by that is lower priced? I have been searching on my own as well. We want a king bed in a seperate room with a door that closes to seperate it. I was looking a a pull out sofa bed for the kids.It doesn't have to have a full kitchen. But, we'd like a microwave and at least a mini fridge. It doesn't have to be fancy because we won't spend much time there anyway. Thanks for any options you can give.

Look at Staybridge Suites LBV.

2 bedroom is great, king master, 2 bathrooms, living room and kitchen minus oven I think. Great free breakfast buffet. Couple minutes out of Disney Springs. They have 1 bedroom too.

There are others - check Mousesavers - they have good deals on a few.

Some names ...
Homewood Suites
Embassy Suites
Buena Vista Suites
Caribe Royale Suites
Holiday Inn Waterpark Suites
Doubletree Suites
Hawthorne Suites

Last edited:

Floridays is an outstanding value and start at 2 bed/2 bath suites (with full kitchens and in-suite laundry). Very close to DS and quiet.

We have stayed there at least 5X over the years and I am local to Orlando. It's definitely worth looking into.

EVERYTHING close by will be cheaper. It is as simple as that. I do not call Disney transportation a perk. If it saved time, it is a perk. My experience is it is never convenient or time saving. As for places to stay, there are tons. It takes a little more work and patience. Sometimes going as far as 2 months or less from the time you want to go. Unfortunately, March is Spring Break season. People renting early will pay premiums. If you are not completely set on one place and are more flexible, you can get better deals. Latest deal for me is Reunion resort in a 3BR/3BA for $550 starting this Friday. Just have to do you due diligence, search, negotiate, and constantly look. We have never had issues.

Thanks for all of the responses! Thanks to that, I have started me 1st spreadsheet. We also have to calculate in the parking fee for the parks that won't be included off site. I have a separate question about park tickets. We have always gotten packages with the tickets and rooms. How does it work with thickets if you stay off site? Do you just go to the official website and order them? We usually use a travel agent as well. What about magic bands? Can we link the tickets to old ones so that we can still just tap them for rides, fast passes, park entry etc?

Thanks for all of the responses! Thanks to that, I have started me 1st spreadsheet. We also have to calculate in the parking fee for the parks that won't be included off site. I have a separate question about park tickets. We have always gotten packages with the tickets and rooms. How does it work with thickets if you stay off site? Do you just go to the official website and order them? We usually use a travel agent as well. What about magic bands? Can we link the tickets to old ones so that we can still just tap them for rides, fast passes, park entry etc?

Park tickets can be bought directly from Disney or any authorized reseller, like Undercovertourist. Does not matter if you buy from Disney or reseller, both can be linked to your MDE, so you get 30 days before to book fast passes. Magic bands are simply a way to access your MDE. So if you have old bands, from an onsite stay where you got them, yes, you can use them for this and any future trips, for both linking tickets and fastpasses, until the battery in them dies. My DS likes his older star wars band, so even if we stay onsite, I used to just order a gray one for him, then inactivate it, and left the gray band at home. More recently, you can refuse a band, if you are staying onsite, as I assume many have lots of bands, and don't want anymore, or rather use a favorite one, like us.

Also, think about how many times you go, at least one AP would give you free parking in the parks, and some discounts on food and merchandise, as well as photos for a year.

I will also say Floridays. We are passholders and have stayed on property a lot. Nothing beats having a 1200 sq ft room for $150 a night. The rooms are maintained very well and the location is great

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!