Best products for hair to add thickness, volume?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I had weight loss surgery this past March and I have lost around 35 lbs. Got another 15-20 to go. But I also have very thin hair now due to it falling out. This should stop by this winter. But until then, what are the best products to buy to add volume and thickness? I will pay good money for something if it works well.

Alterna Bamboo Volume Shampoo
Amika Plus Size Volume Mousse

These are the best I have found in that they help me create some sort of style. But, honestly, my hair has more or less not changed since I was 2yo. I have tried every product under the sun. You cannot really add what isn’t there. :laughing: Congrats on the weight loss & hope you will get your “good” hair back soon!

Boy would I love the answer to that too! Right now I use L'Oreal Paris Elvive Volume Filler usually, or Pantene or Tresemme if they're out of L'Oreal. They're OK, but I wish I could find something thicker, I've tried Mane and Tail with Extra Volume-big disappointment.

Ok, so I had weight loss surgery this past March and I have lost around 35 lbs. Got another 15-20 to go. But I also have very thin hair now due to it falling out. This should stop by this winter. But until then, what are the best products to buy to add volume and thickness? I will pay good money for something if it works well.
My dermatologist recommended Joan Rivers' Great Hair Day filler product.

These are the best I have found in that they help me create some sort of style. But, honestly, my hair has more or less not changed since I was 2yo. I have tried every product under the sun. You cannot really add what isn’t there. :laughing: Congrats on the weight loss & hope you will get your “good” hair back soon!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Alterna Bamboo is no more but try the Alterna Caviar one my friend loves it.

I, too, had bariatric surgery. I thought I was going to be OK, hair-wise, but 4 months post-surgery my husband had a serious infection that almost cost him his leg, and resulted in 3 surgeries of his own and 6 weeks in a nursing home... and my hair started falling out like crazy (surgery, stress!!). Ever since that time, I have been taking biotin every day. I have to pay attention to getting enough protein, which is essential for everything including healthy hair and nails, but I really think the biotin has helped immensely. For shampoo/conditioner, I just use the Suave volumizing shampoo (the rose-scented one). I tried a few "big brand" volumizing shampoos, and for what they cost and the results, I like the Suave just as well.

For shampoo/conditioner, I just use the Suave volumizing shampoo (the rose-scented one). I tried a few "big brand" volumizing shampoos, and for what they cost and the results, I like the Suave just as well.

Thanks, I'm going to try it. That's my type of price.

I love Big Sexy Hair Root Pump. I am able to get it inexpensively at a hair salon supply store. I’ve seen it at Marshall’s/TJMaxx stores

If the products listed above don't work to the extent you need them to, I use a cosmetic called Dermmatch. You apply it like eyeshadow to wherever the thinnest parts are. I then sprinkle hair fibers in any spots still visible. Just be sure to pick colors that match your natural hair.

Look into a Biotin supplement. Amazon also sells Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner which helps make it thicker.

I use Honeyskin Hair regrowth conditioner its on amazon. Its great stuff!! I also take biotin Vit D and collagen daily.

Doing an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse after shampooing makes my hair bouncy like an old school tv commercial. I would also suggest cutting it an inch shorter than normal to take less weight off of the ends and get more movement. Dry shampoo can also be used to create lift at the root (I like Suave's). Bobby pins can be used to create the illusion of more hair by poufing it up, draping or rolling it, this is useful when wearing the hair up in a ponytail/bun/updo.

I’ve tried so many products. I also had gastric surgery but my hair was thin with no body for as long as I can remember.
Right now I use
Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo. I don’t use any type of clarifying shampoo or conditioner. My hair is way to thin for that. Also I only wash my hair 2 times a week, maybe?
before blow drying I put in Goldwell Creative Texture Styling mousse wax
After blowing drying I sprinkle Big Sexy Hair Powder Play all over then style with fingers. I never use a comb or brush. I wear it short and messy.
And I love my Freeze It hair spray. It’s the only cheap hair spray that holds my hair.
Good luck finding what works for you. ☺

I started taking collagen at the beginning of covid. My hair and nails are both growing like crazy.
Also, I'm more grey than I thought :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter