Best resort or neighborhood for condo or house rental

mjr0483

DIS Veteran
I am looking to rent a condo or vacation home.
What neighborhoods are the best?

Reunion looks great and seems close, but some of the reviews I have read on disboards are not favorable.

What are your recommendations?

We’ve stayed at Windsor Hills a few times. A nice swimming pool and since the last time we’ve stayed there they have build a water area. This development is only 4 miles from Disney grounds.

We've done Windsor Hills 3 times. When staying offsite, it's the only place we stay.

We've rented in Windsor Palms probably 20 times. Same developer as Windsor Hills but built a few years earlier. Prices tend to be a little lower as it's a bit older but well maintained. The pool isn't as fancy but still perfectly nice. There are condos (2 or 3 bedroom), 3 bedroom townhomes (some have small private splash pools, about 10x10), and single homes 3 to 6 bedrooms with private pools.

I vote for Oakwater Resort. (I'm prejudiced, we own there!) It's in the same area as Windsor Hills but a little closer to Disney. There is a newly opened Walmart right next door - walking distance - so groceries and sundries are easy. It is a smaller resort, so most of the time the pool is not crowded. You can search Oakwater on Homeaway, vrbo, or airBNB - just choose a unit with good reviews.

We have stayed at Regal Oaks in Kissimmee through Airbnb but you can rent from CLC directly. We loved it. Somewhat sketchy area near Old Town which was not impressive. But the gated community has lovely and spacious units each with its own hot tub in a screened in patio. The resort pool was very nice and never so crowded that we could not get lounge chairs. I felt the temperature they kept their pool was perfect. Our son enjoyed the waterslides which were separate from the pool. Seemed to be a mix of retirees, residents, and families on vacation. After only staying on Disney property for 20 years, I am now upset with myself for how long it took me to stay off site. We had two bedrooms (one with two doubles, one with a king), three bathrooms, a full kitchen, dining/living area, and patio for less per night that what it would cost to be in a moderate resort. Totally different and relaxing vacation for us. Saved so much money by only eating out once per day and doing the rest at the townhouse. Heading back this spring break and looking forward to this type of rental in 10 years when we retire. We drove to Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Studios quicker than we could have gotten there by bus at Disney. Quick drive to Disney Springs as well.

We rented in Reunion last year. The ground are beautiful, including the pools and waterpark. We rented a house directly from the resort, and our issue was that their service was just not up to par. We had a few maintenance issues, including being unable to initially get in the house and the pool pump not working we got there. They fixed it, but honestly, didn't seem that concerned or like they were trying. It was a shame because the house itself was very nice, clean, and everything seemed relatively new. If only they would be more concerned about service...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter