"Best" Savanah Studio Rooms @ Kidani Village

michaeldorn1

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but this is a lot to navigate!
We have bought pts. from a DVC member for Dec. 14-Dec. 19 and have a reservation for a Studio Savanah rm. at Kidani! From everybodies expert advice and experience, what would be considered the "Best" rooms in regards to Savanah views and location to elevators and lobby?
Thanks for any advice!
Michael

I'd stay on the second floor to be closest to the animals. We were in 7622, which was off to the left of the lobby. The anacole cattle basically lived outside of our room, and the giraffes, zebras and ostriches came to visit. The giraffes tended to stay more towards the center, but they wandered around to both ends. The wildebeasts stayed to the center and the right side, which is why the anacoles stayed towards the left. The anacoles go where the wildebeasts aren't. :lmao: Apparantly the wildebeasts tend to like to cause commotion, and the anacoles just stay away. Of course, by December all of the boundaries could change.

I'd stay on the second floor to be closest to the animals. We were in 7622, which was off to the left of the lobby. The anacole cattle basically lived outside of our room, and the giraffes, zebras and ostriches came to visit. The giraffes tended to stay more towards the center, but they wandered around to both ends. The wildebeasts stayed to the center and the right side, which is why the anacoles stayed towards the left. The anacoles go where the wildebeasts aren't. :lmao: Apparantly the wildebeasts tend to like to cause commotion, and the anacoles just stay away. Of course, by December all of the boundaries could change.

Thanks for the info!
Is Kidani divided up by Trail names like Jambo or do you think requesting a specific rm # like 7622 is enough of a request?
Of course, I know, a request is mearly that. A request!
Any other suggestions from resent guests?

You could also post your question on the DVC forums. Since you have to contact the member you rented the reservation from anyways (since they have to put the request in for you), you might want to ask them if they have any good ideas. We stayed on the fourth floor and wished we were on the second floor. There are different savannahs for Kidani. You can look at the map to chose which one you want to be on. Otherwise the building is made up of different sections each given their own name. So you could for example ask for a room on the 2nd floor in the Timone section near the lobby.

I was there in June, I would request 2nd floor, close to the lobby. The animals hung out close to the lobby most of the time.

You could also post your question on the DVC forums. Since you have to contact the member you rented the reservation from anyways (since they have to put the request in for you), you might want to ask them if they have any good ideas. We stayed on the fourth floor and wished we were on the second floor. There are different savannahs for Kidani. You can look at the map to chose which one you want to be on. Otherwise the building is made up of different sections each given their own name. So you could for example ask for a room on the 2nd floor in the Timone section near the lobby.

I have seen pretty detailed maps of Jambo but I haven't seen any detailed for Kidani. Does anyone have or know where to find a detailed map of Kidani?
Thanks,
michael

We just got back 2 weeks ago from Kidani we stayed in room 7228 on the second floor great views of the animals and not to far from the lobby. I think any room facing the savana you'll be fine don't worry about it you can still see the animals. Have a great time we loved Kidani the pool and slide was better than Jambo house. Only complaint was no quick service restaurant at Kidani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter