best SoCal park for us?

princess@heart

Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!
DH and I are going to DL in May and we had planned on going to Knott's Berry Farm, too. However, after reading the recent reviews, I am wondering. :confused3

What is the best non-Disney park for a Pooh-sized woman and a Sulley-sized man? (read: I'm big below the waist and hubby is tall and has a broad chest and shoulders.)

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

Do you like big rides? If so, I'd say Magic Mountain. Cool roller coasters.

If you're not into coasters/big rides, Universal or Sea World are good options. They each have their plusses and minuses. Sea World might have more walking to do. I'd have to toss a coin to figure it out. I really enjoy sea world, and always have, but Universal is fun, too. Universal also has the great "Walk" that has all the restaurants and bars.
I'd check out their websites and see if one's options seem more appealing to you.

If you want to stay in the general area than I would say universal...if your up for a 2 hr drive than SeaWorld or the Zoo or both:thumbsup2

I would stay with Knott's Berry Farm. It's very close to Disney and despite all of the reviews, it's still my favorite after Disneyland. Alot depends on your schedule. I would avoid Magic Mountain on a weekend because it's flooded with locals and the waits are way too long. Plus there's alot of uphill walking at Magic Mountain. [it actually is on a mountain]

Knott's can be quaint and charming. It has some great rides and it has some cool nooks and cranny's. Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant is a must, but it is outside the park in the marketplace. You might say that Knott's did the "Citywalk" and "Downtown Disney" things before they were fads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter